Class of 2023 - For those of you asking about how many more recruits we can take for 2023 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 For those of you asking about how many more recruits we can take for 2023

Isn’t Denaburg on scholarship too? That would be 76 with remaining eligibility. 9 commits plus possibility of Rhino is 86.
Rhino might just decide he has had enough too.. maybe become a grad assistant for a yr or something to be around the team. or he wants one more try. A bunch of schools I would suspect are in the same boat of short of roster spots with so many 2020s still around.

I could see them trying Wax at MLB to replace Jones in the spring. Then McDonald slides in at OLB.
Would be fine with that. Began the year thinking Jones and Thompson were great, with Marlowe being very good but not quite on their level.

Was wrong. Stud.

Both sites had Slayton at 6-4 258 and 260 when he signed. 300 as a senior.
No reason to expect that Perry won’t leave HS with added weight. He certainly has an outstanding frame to support the additional weight.

Rhino might just decide he has had enough too.. maybe become a grad assistant for a yr or something to be around the team. or he wants one more try. A bunch of schools I would suspect are in the same boat of short of roster spots with so many 2020s still around.
Granting the blanket extra year while holding to a scholarship limit certainly is having repercussions on high school players deserving of opportunities. Wouldn’t have been difficult to implement a sliding scale to get back to 85. Don’t understand why that wasn’t done. Particularly when there was a waiver put in place for one year.

Granting the blanket extra year while holding to a scholarship limit certainly is having repercussions on high school players deserving of opportunities. Wouldn’t have been difficult to implement a sliding scale to get back to 85. Don’t understand why that wasn’t done. Particularly when there was a waiver put in place for one year.

It is perfectly clear why that wasn't done -- if it requires common sense, then the NCAA is congenitally incapable of applying it.

Why think the logistics through to easily avoid future problems / issues, when instead you can hastily roll out well-intentioned but poorly designed changes that don't work in practical application?

It is perfectly clear why that wasn't done -- if it requires common sense, then the NCAA is congenitally incapable of applying it.
Don’t need faith to support that hypothesis. Plenty of evidence behind that belief!

I hear ya, but how many kids under 250 actually ‘bulk up’ and play inside DT though? I’d like to see 290 but if 280 is optimal, the 35 pounds needed will take a few years if it happens at all. Bump it down to 270 where our guys are and it might still take a few years.

Cundiff came in at 260, a year later he’s 267.
Locket came in at 260 a year later he’s 270
Bassett came in at 260
Jobity is 247

Those are still DEnd weights. Perry to me is built like a strong side DEnd who plays at 255/260 as an upper class men.

We’ll see.
Per Cuse Legacy on the Perry thread, "Per his instagram he is now at 265 and from the picture it's all muscle."

Phat, I know you noticed that later over on that thread. Just wanted to post that info hear since it was being discussed here as well.

probably for the title ix issues it would have caused

How wonderful is it that SU has a lot of talent and a lot of it is coming back along with some talented newcomers? This is going to be the springboard for 2024/2025 that we've all been waiting a long time for and to quote Doug..."It Starts Now".

Get on board now 2023 HS guys because the scholarships are few and far between.

Someone had mentioned Nunn may have an injury where he won’t play again. I was really big on his potential coming in beating FSU for him.

Someone had mentioned Nunn may have an injury where he won’t play again. I was really big on his potential coming in beating FSU for him.
McDonald on defense wears 15 now. I believe it was said Nunn is medically disqualified.

Numbers shmumbers! Take a many as you want. Give 85 schollies and the rest get NIL deals equal to a scholarship payout. It's what the big programs are doing.