For those who don't want a college football playoff... | Syracusefan.com

For those who don't want a college football playoff...

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
system because it supposedly makes the regular season games meaningless....I give you the Syracuse-Lousville and OSU-Mich. St. basketball games. Great stuff.

once in awhile cbb has its day other than march..there also were a lot of crap games today...

system because it supposedly makes the regular season games meaningless....I give you the Syracuse-Lousville and OSU-Mich. St. basketball games. Great stuff.
Yeah but all 4 of those teams are going to the "tournament" so while exciting games...at the end of the day they are meaningless! What is L'ville NOT going to the tournament now? Of course not. It was just another meaningless regular season game among 2 ranked teams. SU-L'ville was EXCITING...YES! Meaningful...NO!

I like College Basketball but their regular season has been destroyed over the years. The games have little value. Outside of the die hard fans themselves the "casual fan" in America doesn't pay attention to what's going on till after the Super Bowl is played. Not saying there aren't exciting games at times, but college basketball's regular season is ignored from November till early February in this country for the most part.

College basketball is a 4 week season in this country. Now its a great 4 weeks don't get me wrong, but nobody cares if you win your conference or your conference tournament or about any "big" regular season wins back in December or January. All anybody cares about is ..."WHAT DID YA DO IN MARCH?"

Outside of the die hard fans themselves the "casual fan" in America doesn't pay attention to what's going on till after the Super Bowl is played. Not saying there aren't exciting games at times, but college basketball's regular season is ignored from November till early February in this country for the most part.
Agree with this part, for sure. But, college hoops isn't the only sport where this is true. Pretty much all of the pro team sports fall into this category. Not to mention the individual sports, with their Grand Slam tournaments.

Plus, the argument that every game counts in college football is bogus. See two years ago--LSU vs Alabama in the regular season. Didn't make a bit of difference re: getting both of them to the BCS title game. If ND had not been given the Pitt game, it would have happened again this season, with Florida leap-frogging Georgia to the big game, despite having lost to the Bulldogs in the regular season.

College football is a train wreck just waiting to crash and burn at the end like it always does. . 16 team playoff or bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood the "makes the regular season meaningless" argument. Once you lose a game (unless you're in the SEC) the rest of your season is meaningless, if you were a NC hopeful, under the current format. College football will be just as popular and lucrative with a playoff, even after it goes to 8 teams, simply because football is the more popular sport.

once in awhile cbb has its day other than march..there also were a lot of crap games today...
There's a lot of crap football games every fall saturday too, but since nearly every game is played on one day every week, they're over shadowed by the good ones.

What needs to happen in basketball is that the #1 and 2 seeds should advance to the 2nd round automatically like they do for other ncaa sports...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom