For Those Who Think Uniforms Don't Matter | Syracusefan.com

For Those Who Think Uniforms Don't Matter

anomander

Living Legend
As stupid as it sounds uniforms are a big deal to these kids, and most importantly the kids you are trying to recruit. I like how we will have multiple sets of uniforms. Pretty much have to in order to keep up with everyone else. Even who you have deals with matters. It's a big reason Tennessee has switched from Addidas to Nike

If there is any doubt check out the Miami players reaction to their new uniforms.

That is funny and I agree they do matter a lot to the kid wearing them.

There is certainly some truth to the cliches; "Clothes make the man" "Dress for success"

You think SU had the same reaction to the all blues?

Again, you're confusing a player or recruit saying, "yea those are hot", with a player or recruit saying, "I went to/going to SU because of the uni's".

Again, you're confusing a player or recruit saying, "yea those are hot", with a player or recruit saying, "I went to/going to SU because of the uni's".

Doubtful because those uniforms sucked other than the helmet. They do matter to what degree is debatable, are they a huge recruiting tools? probably not but they have their role

In fact, I would rescind an offer if a player stated that.

i don't think those blues were that good at all. i'd rather we do something totally crazy for a 1 off, and then break out totally new sets like we are this year.

and as bad as it sounds i get the feeling uniforms are getting up there in the decision process. certainly not the most important factor, but a lot of time it's getting in the door. it may not be the case for a large percentage, but there are kids who rule schools out because they don't like who they are sponsored by, or don't like the uniforms. with the recent explosion of all these new sets it's starting to get more and more important.

Kids definitely care about the brand that the school wears. SU seems to be phasing out the use of blue and using that silver/platinum as a secondary color, so I wonder if that will impact what the Athletic teams all wear next year.

With the amount of $ that SUAD is trying to get through these auctions, using some one-off helmets/uniforms seems like a given.

My favorite part of the video is the lack of showing the uniform haha.

the uni's are pretty sweet. very new age. i actually expect syracuse's to look very similar with the chrome helmets, and sharp colors.

i think uniforms are a parrt of the lore and tradition of a program. ND, Alabama, Michigan, USC. i wish that su would try to stick with a traditional uniform.

Further, i think a recruit may choose not to go to a school bc of uniforms. If youd feel embrassed or not proud to wear a uni, you might go elsewhere

i think uniforms are a parrt of the lore and tradition of a program. ND, Alabama, Michigan, USC. i wish that su would try to stick with a traditional uniform.

Further, i think a recruit may choose not to go to a school bc of uniforms. If youd feel embrassed or not proud to wear a uni, you might go elsewhere
All of those schools you listed outside of USC has worn alternates in the last 3 years.

All of those schools you listed outside of USC has worn alternates in the last 3 years.

I don't recall Alabama using alternative uniforms but I guess they probably did at some point.

Still the teams listed as well as others, including Auburn, play in the traditional uniforms 99% of the time.

That is what I would like to see.

1% is low (once every ten years?). I'd say 1 game per year.

OrangePA said:
I don't recall Alabama using alternative uniforms but I guess they probably did at some point. Still the teams listed as well as others, including Auburn, play in the traditional uniforms 99% of the time. That is what I would like to see.

I think legacy uni's are appropriate for schools with consistent winning traditions and national championships over the course of history. You could make the argument that we are on the line - which is why the argument never really goes away for either side (pro-new vs consistent classic).

I think if they roll out something new and fresh and orange - with a nod to our past - like 80% might be happy. I don't think this is a 100% everyone agrees topic.