Ford Big Board top 30. | Syracusefan.com

Ford Big Board top 30.

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14372279/chad-ford-big-board-30-nba-draft-2016

For those of you without ESPN INsider, what stands out about the top 30 is who isn't included in it. And that would be any SU players right now. And no SU players are in the next 5 that he includes at the bottom.

I for one am glad right now none of our lower class men are getting 1st round recognition. I know Gbinijie won't get drafted 1st round specifically because he is a senior and he seems like he'd be a tweener so he might not have a position in the nba.

I'm terrible at predicting who will get drafted and who will be successful in the NBA. Why wouldn't Gbinije be a good 2 guard in the NBA? He's tall enough and he can shoot well enough.

I'm terrible at predicting who will get drafted and who will be successful in the NBA. Why wouldn't Gbinije be a good 2 guard in the NBA? He's tall enough and he can shoot well enough.
He takes way too long to get his shot off and his handle is not strong enough to create his own shot so he needs to add value on the court when the offense isn't run through him which he really doesn't do. His best bet is to be a 3 and D guy like tony allen who just stands in the corner and shoots threes while playing D but his D is nowhere near good enough for that. If he can prove he can play D he might get a shot but I doubt he gets drafted... I do think he gets a summer league invite.

He takes way too long to get his shot off and his handle is not strong enough to create his own shot so he needs to add value on the court when the offense isn't run through him which he really doesn't do. His best bet is to be a 3 and D guy like tony allen who just stands in the corner and shoots threes while playing D but his D is nowhere near good enough for that. If he can prove he can play D he might get a shot but I doubt he gets drafted... I do think he gets a summer league invite.

LOL. Gbinije isn't rated high yet because we have struggled. If he performs in the ACC his stock with rise.

Tony Allen is definately NOT a 3 and D guy. He plays defense really well and can finish at the rim, but he's one of the worst shooters at the SG position in the NBA.

He's so bad at shooting that Golden State guarded him with Andrew Bogut in last years playoffs.

LOL. Gbinije isn't rated high yet because we have struggled. If he performs in the ACC his stock with rise.

Tony Allen is definately NOT a 3 and D guy. He plays defense really well and can finish at the rim, but he's one of the worst shooters at the SG position in the NBA.

He's so bad at shooting that Golden State guarded him with Andrew Bogut in last years playoffs.
Good point on allen...

Here is a better list: https://theloveofhoops.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/screen-shot-2015-08-29-at-11-05-14-png.jpg
Sorry but I don't see G near the level of any of those guys.

He's slumped this year, but the guy he compares the best to IMO is Danny Green.

I could see Gbinije being a carbon copy of him.
I hope he gets the chance... I just don't see G playing the D that Green can play but I guess we'll find out. Great comparison though.

Probably a problem for G is that we've basically never seen him play any man to man defense.
Could help him, actually. If he puts together 2 or 3 solid days of man defense at the draft camps that becomes his perceived baseline.

He's slumped this year, but the guy he compares the best to IMO is Danny Green.

I could see Gbinije being a carbon copy of him.

I dunno man, Danny Green is one of the purest outside shooters on the face to the planet.

I dunno man, Danny Green is one of the purest outside shooters on the face to the planet.

When he is on I agree. Don't see why G couldn't become that. He's career 41% from three in college. Green shot 37% for his career at UNC.

No surprise to me right now. Ford is pretty connected also.

He could very well be a solid NBA player.

But he'll be 24 at draft time. NBA teams don't like picking those guys, especially in round 1.

I hope he gets the chance... I just don't see G playing the D that Green can play but I guess we'll find out. Great comparison though.
I think Afflalo is an apt comparison.

If Kris Joseph can get drafted in the 2nd round, G can too...he's a better more versatile player and shooter.

Before Atlantis there was no SU player on the 2016 or 2017 mock drafts at nbadraft.net. After Atlantis (and still) G is #34 near the top of the 2nd round for 2016. Lydon is #15 and Richardson #20 in the 2017.

I think G will get drafted, but it'll be in the 2nd round. He'll have a shot to get a role on a team though; he's just a low-ceiling guy. Gbinije may be a better college shooter than Green was, but Green was much quicker getting into his shot IMO. G will have some adjustments to make, but I honestly think he has a decent chance at having a career in the NBA (as a bench player, but still). The improvements Gbinije has made at Syracuse are really impressive to me.

And he's the only player on this team that has a chance of getting drafted IMO. Lydon and Malachi may have a chance next year.

Better NBA comparisons for Gbinije IMO are Francisco Garcia or Greivis Vasquez. Similar size / versatility. Not a true 1, 2, or 3 -- but versatile enough to chip in at all 3.

I like the Afflalo comparison. I like the Francisco Garcia comparison as well. The poor guy has been playing out of position because of our woes and lack of depth. If he was more explosive I would say a poor man's Tyreke Evans as well.

Better NBA comparisons for Gbinije IMO are Francisco Garcia or Greivis Vasquez. Similar size / versatility. Not a true 1, 2, or 3 -- but versatile enough to chip in at all 3.

I kinda like the Garcia comparison. Vasquez is a far better passer than Gbinije or Garcia though.

G is a lot better shooter than Garcia IMO. Similar size though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom