Forecasting point spreads for 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Forecasting point spreads for 2012

Eric15

Living Legend
I love forecasting point spreads for games, so just for fun I went through and tried to establish spreads for our schedule this year. Not to be a downer, but I'm not really seeing many games where we'll be favored at this point.

Sept 1 Northwestern, Pick Em
Sept 8 USC, +24
Sept 15 Stony Brook, No Line
Sept 22 @ Minnesota, +2.5
Oct 5 Pitt, +7.5
Oct 13 @ Rutgers, +3.5
Oct 19 UConn, -3
Oct 27 @ USF, +6
Nov 3 @ Cincy, +3.5
Nov 10 Louisville, +7.5
Nov 17 @ Missouri, +9
Nov 24 @ Temple, -1.5

I love forecasting point spreads for games, so just for fun I went through and tried to establish spreads for our schedule this year. Not to be a downer, but I'm not really seeing many games where we'll be favored at this point.

Sept 1 Northwestern, Pick Em
Sept 8 USC, +21
Sept 15 Stony Brook, No Line
Sept 22 @ Minnesota, +4.5
Oct 5 Pitt, +3
Oct 13 @ Rutgers, -1
Oct 19 UConn, -3
Oct 27 @ USF, +7.5
Nov 3 @ Cincy, +1
Nov 10 Louisville, +10
Nov 17 @ Missouri, +14
Nov 24 @ Temple, -3

I think USC will be 24+
dont see us being favored vs Minn unless we beat NW and keep usc close
i think we beat NW and Minn so Pitt could be any spread.
rutgers we have been favored 2 years in a row so we should again
usf +8 is about right
cincy + 5
UL -3
Missouri no idea
temple -9

I think USC will be 24+
dont see us being favored vs Minn unless we beat NW and keep usc close
i think we beat NW and Minn so Pitt could be any spread.
rutgers we have been favored 2 years in a row so we should again
usf +8 is about right
cincy + 5
UL -3
Missouri no idea
temple -9

I think you may be underestimating Louisville. They completely handled us the past two seasons, and are expected to be on the verge of the top 25 this year.

USC line will be 30+ after they demolish Hawaii, just a feeling.

To clarify: We are not picking how we think the games will actually turn out, but what we think the Vegas point spreads will be. Seems a few responses are confusing the two.

you can't say that without knowing what SU does against NW. If Syracuse beats NW then no way is the line that big. If SU looks like crap against NW and once again can do nothing offensively, then sure, 30+ is possible.

we will be favored against three teams. Uconn SB and Temple

you can't say that without knowing what SU does against NW. If Syracuse beats NW then no way is the line that big. If SU looks like crap against NW and once again can do nothing offensively, then sure, 30+ is possible.

USC will be a title favorite, it will be 30+ no matter what happens against NW unless we win by more than 20 against NW.

lets see i am home for the summer due to cervical fusion surgery of c3/4, last week.the positves are the anesthesia had made me euphoric, and thus in my foggy stupor, i made my b/e predictions:1.uconn,2.louisville,3.syracuse,4.usf,5.temple,6.rutgers,7.cincy,

USC will be a title favorite, it will be 30+ no matter what happens against NW unless we win by more than 20 against NW.
30+ points is a huge spread - for a road game on the opposite coast saying it will be that high against a 1-0 team with a win against another BCS program is nonsense

lets see i am home for the summer due to cervical fusion surgery of c3/4, last week.the positves are the anesthesia had made me euphoric, and thus in my foggy stupor, i made my b/e predictions:1.uconn,2.louisville,3.syracuse,4.usf,5.temple,6.rutgers,7.cincy,

When you get a little less foggy, you'll remember that Pitt is still in the Big East.

:)

The Japanese demolished Hawaii too and that didn't work out so well for them...

actually i had them as 7, and cincy8.forgot to type them in

I promise, there are schools in our future conference that want us to finish 8-4! It will happen