Former Syracuse player Paul Harris signs 2-year deal with pro team in Turkey | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse player Paul Harris signs 2-year deal with pro team in Turkey

Good for PH! There is nothing wrong with playing overseas--he can make a ton of $$$ and see the world. Glad to see that he's having some professional success. His career on the hill might have been frustrating and not gone as expected, but I'll always pull for him.

Good for PH! There is nothing wrong with playing overseas--he can make a ton of $$$ and see the world. Glad to see that he's having some professional success. His career on the hill might have been frustrating and not gone as expected, but I'll always pull for him.
Glad for him also but it's still too bad how he is viewed from a lot of fans. One of PH's biggest issues is that his body didn't translate to college basketball when compared to what his expectations were. He was a great rebounder for his size but couldn't shoot well enough for a two or a three. He still did a lot of good things and hopefully people will remember him for the good things and not the bad. I still wonder how he would have done if he played football instead.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/syracuse/paul-harris

He may have chosen the wrong sport. He could be playing football on Sundays or perhaps he would be playing in tonight's all star game.

It's hard to say he chose the wrong sport since he played division I and is still getting paid to play.

He was still a very good college player. There was just no way he could live up to the out of control hype.

And while I realize that a lot of the old Paul Harris/Chuck Norris stuff was tounge in cheek, it arose from legit hype and expectations that we were getting another Carmelo.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was still a very good college player. There was just no way he could live up to the out of control hype.

I thought he was a very good CBB player. He would do a weird thing when he would shoot. It always looked like he was bent over or bending his knees in strange way before he would shoot.

I was very surprised when Harris and Devendorf announced they were leaving. I just did not see it coming from both of those players. Flynn leaving kind of made sense because of where he was projected to land in the draft. I seem to remember reading a story years ago that the reason Harris and Devendorf declared to enter the draft is they had some off the court issues that would have prevented them from playing anyway. But I just don't remember the details. I think it was grades or drugs or something. Maybe someone knows the details more than I do.

Maybe he would have broken his body or gotten a concussion. He is making money playing a sport he loves. Good for him.

Yeah having a body for football isn't the end all if basketball is where his passion lies.

Maybe he would have broken his body or gotten a concussion. He is making money playing a sport he loves. Good for him.
Definitely good for him but don't forget he also has had injuries playing hoops as well. I'm glad he is able to play and make some cash. As Paul and Jonny has found out, nothing in life is guaranteed.

He may have chosen the wrong sport. He could be playing football on Sundays or perhaps he would be playing in tonight's all star game.

So you're basically saying that Paul Harris is a more dynamic athlete than Bo Jackson?