Former Syracuse players offer their favorite memories of the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse players offer their favorite memories of the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry

That was great and brought back a lot of memories. I was at last year’s game when Tyus hit the game winner and even 30+ years after graduating it gave me goosebumps. Beating GTown, coached by Ewing and with Mourning’s kid on the team is like the perfect trifecta of being an Orange Alumni.
I loved Leo’s final line, Wallace referring to JT3 as “Little John”, and Devo telling us how fired up DC was.
There are many great moments recounted in this article. I’m not sure which is my favorite, but by far my favorite call is “Gerry Mac drops one on GTwon!”
Looking forward to another great moment this weekend.

Great article and quotes. It is still great rivalry but I miss the days when the players not only wanted to beat Georgetown, but they wanted to destroy them. During the Big East days there was true animosity toward them and I don't know if we will ever see that again.

GREAT article-GREAT memories!
Following SU's Big East battles was a lot of fun back in the day.
Brought some sadness though -a reminder of the high level of excitement and entertainment that would love to see return.
IMHO

I couldn't watch the video since I'm not a subscriber but my favorite is when Tony "Red" Bruin slammed over the top of Ewing. I would love to see a replay of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom