Former Syracuse walk-on Ryan Cahak gets assistant coaching job at Lipscomb University | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse walk-on Ryan Cahak gets assistant coaching job at Lipscomb University

I went 36-36 from the line at lemoyne bball camp in the summer of '90. My dad still thinks that trumps my entire lacrosse career 

My son won the Onondaga County free throw championship and shot 5 free throws at the Dome as a 12 year old but he has never beaten the old man. Right after he made 19 of 20 to win at OCC in the Byrne Dairy Milk Shoot I took him out to our basket. I went first, and nailed 35 for 35, he went in the house without even trying, I stopped right there.

My son won the Onondaga County free throw championship and shot 5 free throws at the Dome as a 12 year old but he has never beaten the old man. Right after he made 19 of 20 to win at OCC in the Byrne Dairy Milk Shoot I took him out to our basket. I went first, and nailed 35 for 35, he went in the house without even trying, I stopped right there.
Hahahahaha. Great story

OE, I respect everything that you do for this forum, but if that story is accurate, then you are a dick.

That's the Great Santini school of parenting

The stuff of legends!

OE, I respect everything that you do for this forum, but if that story is accurate, then you are a dick.

That's the Great Santini school of parenting

My son would concur:D

Let me add a correction. It was probably 4 years after he won the Onondaga FTC that I challenged him in front of one of his high school teammates. We were busting each other back and forth. I said to his friend, "You've seen all of his free throw championship trophy's and medals, but he has never beaten the old man in a free throw contest." He took me up on the challenge and that is when I hit the 35 in a row. My son is a member of this forum and will verify the story if need be. BTW, we have season tickets together and played golf on Friday so he survived & our relationship did to.

That scene in the Great Santini was reversed with us. He abused me in one-on-one's starting just before high school. He's built like Barkley.

My son would concur:D

Let me add a correction. It was probably 4 years after he won the Onondaga FTC that I challenged him in front of one of his high school teammates. We were busting each other back and forth. I said to his friend, "You've seen all of his free throw championship trophy's and medals, but he has never beaten the old man in a free throw contest." He took me up on the challenge and that is when I hit the 35 in a row. My son is a member of this forum and will verify the story if need be. BTW, we have season tickets together and played golf on Friday so he survived & our relationship did to.

That scene in the Great Santini was reversed with us. He abused me in one-on-one's starting just before high school. He's built like Barkley.
ah, ok . . . my apologies. I thought it odd that you would purposely bigfoot his achievement.

Tailgate Ivan once had him take 100 free throws at practice and he made 95, I was there.

Roger Springfield's kid
There really is a place called Lipscomb University. It is located in Nashville, Tennessee. Their web site says this:

Established in 1891, Lipscomb University is a private, co-educational institution of higher learning whose primary mission is to integrate Christian faith and practice with academic excellence. This mission grows from principles articulated by the founders: “The supreme purpose of the school shall be to teach the Bible as the revealed will of God to man … and to train those who attend in a pure Bible Christianity. … Such other branches of learning may be added as will aid in the understanding and teaching of the Scriptures and as will promote usefulness and good citizenship among men.”

Their basketball team finished last season 13-18, 8-10 in conference play. They lost to Mercer in the Atlantic Sun championship game, one win from a chance to play in the NCAA tournament.

Their mascot is a lovable character named Lu the Bison.
LUBison.jpg

Pat Boone is their most famous alum.

Congratulations to Ryan. I hope he does well there.

Would it be a bad time to let you know that I let you win?

Random self-deprecating free-throw story to share...

One time in college, I was wrestling with a buddy of mine (a college wrestler who could just effortlessly beat me up), and he put me in submission move where he had my arm twisted behind my back, and obviously I squealed and gave up after about 5 seconds.

Anyway, that evening, we go to a game at the Dome and I decide to pay a dollar in the back-court area and try to make a free throw to win a basketball. I go to shoot the ball, and because my arm was still kind of sore and screwed up from earlier in the day, when I went up to shoot my arm just went limp, and the ball literally went halfway to the basket. It was akin to a 95 year old woman trying to spin the wheel on Price is Right. Probably 100 people just looked at me in awe, and many laughed.

For all intents and purposes, quite possibly a bottom 5 moment of my entire life.

Random self-deprecating free-throw story to share...

One time in college, I was wrestling with a buddy of mine (a college wrestler who could just effortlessly beat me up), and he put me in submission move where he had my arm twisted behind my back, and obviously I squealed and gave up after about 5 seconds.

Anyway, that evening, we go to a game at the Dome and I decide to pay a dollar in the back-court area and try to make a free throw to win a basketball. I go to shoot the ball, and because my arm was still kind of sore and screwed up from earlier in the day, when I went up to shoot my arm just went limp, and the ball literally went halfway to the basket. It was akin to a 95 year old woman trying to spin the wheel on Price is Right. Probably 100 people just looked at me in awe, and many laughed.

For all intents and purposes, quite possibly a bottom 5 moment of my entire life.
Awesome story! I love when people can laugh at themselves and not take themselves too seriously. I try to be the same way