Forwards the key | Syracusefan.com

Forwards the key

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
After watching the two games, our forwards will be the key this season. We have four solid guards who can all play. CM and Roberson are the keys. They have to become consistent and make some shots. Their defense will also be key. They could both get in constant foul trouble. Christmas looks solid and is playing with a lot of confidence. He should have a good year. He's playing with a purpose and is passing really well, especially out of double teams.

This team does a lot of good things and if they can knock down some shots they can have a good year. They have taken care of the ball in their first two games, which is a pleasant suprise with how young they are. They are pushing the ball and don't be surprised in close games that Joseph isn't afraid to take shots. He has looked very good. Yesterday he went out of his way to get everyone involved. He can get his shot when he wants to and he is very good at getting in the lane and pulling up. Silent G is a different player and has taken control when he's on the court. If our forwards can finish and gain some confidence, this team may suprise.

Last edited:
After watching the two games, our forwards will be the key this season. We have four solid guards who can all play. CM and Roberson are the keys. They have to become consistent and make some shots. Their defense will also be key. They could both get in constant foul trouble. Christmas looks solid and is playing with a lot of confidence. He should have a good year. He's playing with a purpose and is passing really well, especially out of double teams.

This team does a lot of good things and if they can knock down some shots they can have a good year. They have taken care of the ball in their first two games, which is a pleasant suprise with how young they are. They are pushing the ball and don't be surprised in close games that Joseph isn't afraid to take shots. He has looked very good. Yesterday he went out of his way to get everyone involved. He can get his shot when he wants to and he is very good at getting in the lane and pulling up. Silent G is a different player and has taken control when he's on the court. If our forwards can finish and gain some confidence, this team may suprise.

Good post, hoops. Forwards also need to rebound better. Even though CM has more talent, G will be the best F on the floor most nights. CM will get most/all of the run at the 5 when Rak is out.

Rothstein did say that there is "so much Trevor Ariza in Tyler Roberson" so I'm assuming it means he can make some shots!

Roberson can be a very, very good player. He has great form on his jumpshot, too.

But it might not come all together at once this year. And I fear [believe?] that his best position is 4, not 3. He reminds me a lot of George Lynch from UNC back in the early 90s. If Chris McC leaves this year, Roberson is next year's starting 4, with BJ / Gbinije / Richardson manning the 3. Have a feeling we'll see his best ball next year, but that he'll be a boon to us and flash his ability at times this year. He has all the tools--needs to get comfortable and a little bit stronger.

Roberson can be a very, very good player. He has great form on his jumpshot, too.

But it might not come all together at once this year. And I fear [believe?] that his best position is 4, not 3. He reminds me a lot of George Lynch from UNC back in the early 90s. If Chris McC leaves this year, Roberson is next year's starting 4, with BJ / Gbinije / Richardson manning the 3. Have a feeling we'll see his best ball next year, but that he'll be a boon to us and flash his ability at times this year. He has all the tools--needs to get comfortable and a little bit stronger.

Interesting. I remember Lynch. Sort of a tweener (shorter?) who was a 4 like you say more than a 3. Roberson seems to be more of a gazelle-type but maybe not skilled enough yet to be a 3? He's really hard to gauge since we barely saw him last season.

Yeah, pretty much agree with this. I really thought that jump would come this year (or was really, really, really hoping it would), but it seems like we may still be a year away from that explosion.

Does Mr. McCullough have a nickname? I'm afraid CM just won't cut it!

From a typing standpoint CMac seems to suffice.

The official nickname will have to meet with OttoinGrotto's approval before it's official.

Edit-My contribution to the nickname game has proven to be less than prescient...Cooney...'white hot'.

From a typing standpoint CMac seems to suffice.

The official nickname will have to meet with OttoinGrotto's approval before it's official.

Edit-My contribution to the nickname game has proven to be less than prescient...Cooney...'white hot'.
That is no "Thickburger", sir.

Does Mr. McCullough have a nickname? I'm afraid CM just won't cut it!

Like all the Cooney talk, a CM nickname may be premature. I recall an EPIC thread last season where OttoInGrotto described his time at the pee trough coming up with a nickname for Mr Ennis. It later devolved to somehow include slurs against Voodoo(likely mistaken for Hoodo anyhow), and I was dubbed a "once in a generation poster". I don't want to end up disappointing like some of our highly touted recruits, and have sometimes tried to do too much with my skill set which led to some blunders.

Hence I am not ready to try yet and think bevosu may be wielding words of wisdom. I don't know if I will write OIG a blank check, but he has the street cred here to start such threads, and I think they give this board some of the flavor that many of us here enjoy. I'm not sure how long he needs to spend at the pee trough meditating, but when he is ready I think we will be in for a fun discussion.

Like all the Cooney talk, a CM nickname may be premature. I recall an EPIC thread last season where OttoInGrotto described his time at the pee trough coming up with a nickname for Mr Ennis. It later devolved to somehow include slurs against Voodoo(likely mistaken for Hoodo anyhow), and I was dubbed a "once in a generation poster". I don't want to end up disappointing like some of our highly touted recruits, and have sometimes tried to do too much which led to some blunders.

Hence I am not ready to try yet and think bevosu may be wielding words of wisdom. I don't know if I will write OIG a blank check, but he has the street cred here to start such threads, and I think they give this board some of the flavor that many of us here enjoy. I'm not sure how long he needs to spend at the pee trough meditating, but when he is ready I think we will be in for a fun discussion.
:rolling:

:rolling:

Heck, I even left out the part where lesser folks would likely develop "stage fright" in such situations. I have never been a fan of pee troughs in practice, but I do enjoy saying the term. Unlike some elitists, I think OIG hasn't shut the door on us commoners and can lead a more united front. Come forth Otto and speak to us!! At least give us a timetable like the NCAA has.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom