Foster bad angles | Syracusefan.com

Foster bad angles

florange44

Scout Team
Couldn’t watch the game yesterday. Just finished watching the condensed replay. Every big running play WM had, was a result of a bad angle by Foster. I’m exaggerating, a few were bad angles by Cordy. It really stands out in the condensed format.

Foster has been doing this for 3 years. We don’t have a better option back there?

Florange44

To be fair, foster had a lot on his shoulders with Cisco and Iffy out. He was the only real starting safety ready to play with Cisco out and he was expected to bail everyone out (since Cordy has converse problems). I think he does a good job when he isn’t expected to be THE guy in the secondary.

Think we may be seeing Eric Coley a lot more. Foster playing the run is akin to Cordell Hudson in coverage.

To be fair, foster had a lot on his shoulders with Cisco and Iffy out. He was the only real starting safety ready to play with Cisco out and he was expected to bail everyone out (since Cordy has converse problems). I think he does a good job when he isn’t expected to be THE guy in the secondary.
No, that is who he is, can't make excuses for the kid. He's a senior that really hasn't improved. He looks like he got his nickname because plays on Nyquil.

I said it before the season started and someone said he would see the NFL and some site/scouts were high on him. He kills us out there. Rewatched some of the Clemson game today - the backbreaking Rodgers TD was a missed tackle by Cordy in the backfield followed by an absolutely horrible angle and lackluster effort made by Foster. That play literally changed the game.

Love the way the kid can hit, but I think he is by far the weak link in the secondary (among the starters).

What’s the deal with Cam Jonas? He was a pretty touted recruit despite the knee injury. I can’t recall seeing him play.

I said it before the season started and someone said he would see the NFL and some site/scouts were high on him. He kills us out there. Rewatched some of the Clemson game today - the backbreaking Rodgers TD was a missed tackle by Cordy in the backfield followed by an absolutely horrible angle and lackluster effort made by Foster. That play literally changed the game.

Love the way the kid can hit, but I think he is by far the weak link in the secondary (among the starters).

Bingo. The idea foster is nfl talent is laughable. I called that out when the post was made preseason and got piled on. If hes our best nfl prospect in the secondary, then holy crap.

Bingo. The idea foster is nfl talent is laughable. I called that out when the post was made preseason and got piled on. If hes our best nfl prospect in the secondary, then holy crap.

I agree. I have just never seen it with him. Of the starters, I think he's probably the 9th best player on defense, ahead of only the LB's. We all fall prey to it at times, overrating our team's talent.

I am no scout, but I just dont see what he brings to the table, whereas guys like Cisco, Trill & Fredrick make plays. You can point to tangible examples of how they make a positive impact.

Couldn’t watch the game yesterday. Just finished watching the condensed replay. Every big running play WM had, was a result of a bad angle by Foster. I’m exaggerating, a few were bad angles by Cordy. It really stands out in the condensed format.

Foster has been doing this for 3 years. We don’t have a better option back there?

Florange44
I said the same thing you just did. The safeties take terrible angles on tackles that lead to huge chunk plays for the opposition. Foster is as bad as it gets. Cordy and Cisco too. I had been asking for Devon Clarke and yesterday he tried to knock Wassink into next week and completely whiffed so there that went that option. Coley played well when he was in there. I'm down to Cam Jonas now and of course I can't wait to see Neal Nunn. With Foster most of the time when he misses, he ends up on the ground untouched. Wow!

Can’t Clarke get on the field?
Clark was my go to guy until yesterday. He had a perfect shot at Wassink on a scramble and tried to lay him out with a shoulder and completely whiffed. When I say whiffed, I mean text book whiffed. The guy next to me looked at me and said what the hell was #11 doing, wow. That was the last I saw Clarke on the field. He may have played ST but he does not have any stats for 2019.

Neither Jonas or Clarke are 100% yet Im pretty sure

Whigham needs to another brutal breakdown of his game.

Clark was my go to guy until yesterday. He had a perfect shot at Wassink on a scramble and tried to lay him out with a shoulder and completely whiffed. When I say whiffed, I mean text book whiffed. The guy next to me looked at me and said what the hell was #11 doing, wow. That was the last I saw Clarke on the field. He may have played ST but he does not have any stats for 2019.

Ironically, I believe the play you are talking about was #9, Foster.

You are 100% correct and I apologize to young Mr. Clark. He's back on my board to replace you know who. Not sure why I though it was Clarke. Too many adult beverages? Bad eyesight because of age? In any case, great catch by you and again my apologies to Devon Clark and after that play, this thread is officially validated. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

My apologies, it was not Devon Clarke it was you know who. Devon Clarke, I still hope you get to show what you can do. Go Orange!!!!!!

Apologize to Mr. Clark, this old man goofed. I was not him who whiffed. Thanks to Chips good eyes, three guesses who it was and the first two don't count.

Because #9 looks like the #8 I think Cordy took a lot of board heat off Foster this weekend.

Catching up on posts I've seen a lot of Cordy bashing but live the culprit was usually Foster.

Because #9 looks like the #8 I think Cordy took a lot of board heat off Foster this weekend.

Catching up on posts I've seen a lot of Cordy bashing but live the culprit was usually Foster.

I was finally able to figure it out by height.

I watched both Bellamy runs. First one, I don't know what Foster was doing at all, took himself right out of the play, and Cordy's angle was too sharp. Gone.

Second one, Cordy took another bad angle, couldn't make the tackle, but took Foster out during his attempt.

Downside, have to get this fixed.

Upside, the past 3 games we've probably faced 3 of the best 4 RBs we'll see all season.