Fouls question | Syracusefan.com

Fouls question

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
First, Texas had two technical fouls. For the first one, we shot two with no one around, but then Texas got the ball back. Announcer did not clarify what had happened. In the second, announcer clarified call and then we also had the ball after the foul shots. Was the first not a technical but something else?

SO MANY fouls were called tonight! So hard to get a flow going. Are we really fouling that much? Called against Texas as well. And I believe there have been many called in the first two games as well.

Color commentary: there is an awful man in his sixties who sits to my right but about 8 people down. He is pathologically angry and LOVES to yell at the refs very very loudly. And he does it the whole game. There is no joy in him at all. He clearly attends these games in order to be rageful at the refs. I diagnose it as Ref Rage! Usually has a meek wife who sits with her head down, but tonight he had a grandson with him, poor kid. When we hit the ACC games we have enough of a crowd that we can’t hear him any more, but in these earlier, more sparsely attended games, our ear drums are assaulted by this schmuck. Anyone else suffer with these kinds of fools in their section?

Techs are point of interruption. They had the ball when the first one occured

First, Texas had two technical fouls. For the first one, we shot two with no one around, but then Texas got the ball back. Announcer did not clarify what had happened. In the second, announcer clarified call and then we also had the ball after the foul shots. Was the first not a technical but something else?

SO MANY fouls were called tonight! So hard to get a flow going. Are we really fouling that much? Called against Texas as well. And I believe there have been many called in the first two games as well.

Color commentary: there is an awful man in his sixties who sits to my right but about 8 people down. He is pathologically angry and LOVES to yell at the refs very very loudly. And he does it the whole game. There is no joy in him at all. He clearly attends these games in order to be rageful at the refs. I diagnose it as Ref Rage! Usually has a meek wife who sits with her head down, but tonight he had a grandson with him, poor kid. When we hit the ACC games we have enough of a crowd that we can’t hear him any more, but in these earlier, more sparsely attended games, our ear drums are assaulted by this schmuck. Anyone else suffer with these kinds of fools in their section?

There are different types of technical fouls. I believe their first technical was a team technical. This usually involves an administrative error such as a player number violation. I have no idea what their particular violation was but it is listed in the box score as a team technical. On this type of technical only free throws are awarded. On a sportsmanship or physical violation worthy of a technical the offended team is awarded free throws and the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom