Found the video on Triche's BS offensive charge. | Syracusefan.com

Found the video on Triche's BS offensive charge.

I don't get the point of putting in the semi-circle is the refs are just going to ignore it, like most have all year.

It should be the same size as the nba circle as well.

yea, the defender was definitely set before triche took off. :crazy:

so, in addition to the defender not being set, he had both feet within the restricted area.

great job, refs.

It was so early in the game it probably didn't have an effect on the outcome (might have changed Triches' mindset, which would have been massive), but brutal call.

Refs were pretty bad prior to that, but once that call happened I had a pit in my stomach.

You didn't need the semi-circle to know that was a block......typically the defender needs to have both feet set and not be turning away from the offensive player as contact is made.

There were three violations on that play:

1. The first defender hits BT's arm pretty solidly
2. Second defender with the blocking foul
3. Second defender in the restricted area

And they still get it wrong. And they T up JB for being upset. Nice.

I'm going to preface this post by saying that this play wasn't the reason SU lost, but it definitely highlights how referees shouldn't be making certain calls when they're out of position.

It's the baseline official that makes this call (based on my memory and Brandon's reaction). The first image shows his position relative to where Brandon is with the ball (behind Baye).

image.jpg

The image below shows where the referee is making the charge call from after the play is over. NCAA 3pt line is 20.5 ft from the rim. Let's say the ref is halfway between the 3pt line and the rim (10.25ft). Since the charge was called on the far side of the basket, he is closer to 12 ft away. How can he be making a call regarding lateral movement from 12ft away?
image.jpg

The final image shows what the ref was dealing with when making the call. He needed to look around Baye and Amir Williams in order to see if it was a block or charge, while also determining if the defender's foot (or feet) were inside the arc.
image.jpg

I can't say I'm really surprised that the ref got the call wrong. He was clearly in a bad position.

That was a 4 point swing because triche made the shot and would have had the foul shot for a three point play plus the technical on jb. A minute after this Joseph gets clobbered on his three with no call. 7 points right there alone.

I'm not claiming we would have won because of this but these are two calls that should have been made and we could have had a pretty healthy lead going into the half. Eh, who knows, at this point it's water under the bridge I just need to let it go. I keep telling myself that lol.

I don't get the point of putting in the semi-circle is the refs are just going to ignore it, like most have all year.

It should be the same size as the nba circle as well.
I don't get why they have a 3-second area around the basket if the refs are never going to call 3-seconds!

I don't get why they have a 3-second area around the basket if the refs are never going to call 3-seconds!
I totally agree. I would love to see the average on 3-seconds called in a game this year. Probably zippo.

Ratery is dead to me only rooting for us in a final four can make up for his BS all game.
He was awfull. He never played to or hoped we would show any momentum. Not once all game but had the nerve to call it a home game for us when the style of officiating and fouls begged to differ.

Look at the clock. 6 plus minutes left and they're in the double bonus.

The 3 second call is a lot like the over the back rule on rebounds. Seems neither are called anymore.

Yup. Not close. Easy call that should have been made correctly by one of the three guys in striped shirts.