Fox now has DM picking Nassib at #8 in 1st round. | Syracusefan.com

Fox now has DM picking Nassib at #8 in 1st round.

I just don't see this. Ryan should be still around at 40 so if they want him they should be able to get him there.

That having been said I hope Fox is right - Go Ryan!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/03/19/extra-points-mock-draft-version-30/

I heard Gruden this morning saying that Geno will go first and he wouldn't be surprised if Nassib got into the first round. He mentioned that Nassib was 3-0 against Geno...I laughed because I knew some WVU fans were listening too

I heard Gruden this morning saying that Geno will go first and he wouldn't be surprised if Nassib got into the first round. He mentioned that Nassib was 3-0 against Geno...I laughed because I knew some WVU fans were listening too

That is what I keep saying to anyone that will listen (not very many)- Nassib is 3-0 vs Geno. Shafer owned Geno and I would think that made an impression on DM.

If the Raiders take Smith do the Cards take Ryan? Wow that would be #7. I doubt it but who knows.

Jags at 34 or Browns at 38 or Cards at 39 or Bills at 40 or Jets at 41 - looking pretty good for our guy.

Ryan would be good fit for Browns, Bills or Jets (he's hard nosed! okay maybe not the Jets).

I've been saying all along, especially when there were people saying that no QB would be taken in the first round, that all it takes is one domino to fall and suddenly there are teams left and right clamoring for a QB before they get left out in the cold. I could certainly see this happening in 5 weeks.

Agreed. If the
I've been saying all along, especially when there were people saying that no QB would be taken in the first round, that all it takes is one domino to fall and suddenly there are teams left and right clamoring for a QB before they get left out in the cold. I could certainly see this happening in 5 weeks.
Agreed. If the Raiders start the parade they will all fall in line.

Agreed. If the
Agreed. If the Raiders start the parade they will all fall in line.

Yep, it honestly would not shock me if 3 QB's somehow ended up going in the top 10.

If Doug were to draft Nassib in the first round that would really up the ante on his expectations. .curious on how some of the a bills fans on the board would feel about that pairing.

I just can't fathom Ryan being a top 10 pick. I don't mean that as a shot at him, just that it seems to me that a team could trade back into the 20's and get him, along with a couple other draft picks.

I just can't fathom Ryan being a top 10 pick. I don't mean that as a shot at him, just that it seems to me that a team could trade back into the 20's and get him, along with a couple other draft picks.

The problem is you have to have someone willing to part with those picks and there are very few really amazing prospects at this point in time in terms of draft value. The guys available at 10 and 20 aren't too much different in terms of estimated potential and ability. Of course people are wrong and some will turn out to be amazing while other duds but in terms of value, right now, trading up isn't too useful unless a team is in love with a prospect. It's not like last year where teams were throwing whatever they had to get ahead of each other to secure the player they want.

The problem is you have to have someone willing to part with those picks and there are very few really amazing prospects at this point in time in terms of draft value. The guys available at 10 and 20 aren't too much different in terms of estimated potential and ability. Of course people are wrong and some will turn out to be amazing while other duds but in terms of value, right now, trading up isn't too useful unless a team is in love with a prospect. It's not like last year where teams were throwing whatever they had to get ahead of each other to secure the player they want.
I bet Jerry Jones could be enticed to trade up for Chance Warmack.

I just don't see this. Ryan should be still around at 40 so if they want him they should be able to get him there.

That having been said I hope Fox is right - Go Ryan!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/03/19/extra-points-mock-draft-version-30/[/quote]
fwiw, nassib's qb rating as a starter against WVU is 138 over those 3 games. A little better than what the rest of WVU's opposition did (130)

Smith's QB rating against SU should be a giant red flag. 118 rating.

Teams in the top 10 of the draft are probably going to be there again next year. There isn't a qb who'll turn it around enough to keep you out of picking early next year, so teams should just accept it and get the QB next year.

Teams should take a longer view but that means admitting to your friends that you think you'll stink for 2 years which makes it hard to sell tickets this year. Especially since fans in pro towns know nothing about college football

Imo - Marrone isn't as high on Nassib as people assume.

I kind of agree with this. I felt pretty strongly about that being the case until the media hype brainwashed me into thinking that Nassib to the Bills was a forgone conclusion at some point in the draft. I'm a Bills fan and I personally am not ok with the Bills taking him with their first pick. To many similar QB's can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. They should really consider going OT with the first pick, QB 2nd round, Trade back into the 2nd for either a quality WR or LB.

I really think Pugh could be in play for the Bills as a future stud at OG as well.

It is hard to say what DM thinks of Ryan. I do think he loves Pugh and would not be surprised if he drafts him.

In the for what it is worth category, Ryan probably has more upside than many if not most of the other QB's. If someone gets him in the second round with realistic expectations that would be best for the kid. Also, it seems to me that you could do a lot worse than have Ryan in your foxhole, lifeboat or whatever.

BTW we seem to have a plethora of QB coming in these next two classes. (Someone will say "Jefe, how much is a plethora?")

Teams in the top 10 of the draft are probably going to be there again next year. There isn't a qb who'll turn it around enough to keep you out of picking early next year, so teams should just accept it and get the QB next year.

Exactly how I feel. I pray the Bills don't take a QB in the first 2 rounds and I would rather them not take one at all this year.

The NFL is a QB driven league. QB's go flying off the boards in NFL drafts in recent years. Just look at the history. Nassib will go 1st round or early 2nd there is no doubt about that.

It's a league where guys like Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker are Top 10 picks (ponder went 12 technically). Where a team traded UP for a Brandon Weeden who is pushing 30 years old. There is ZERO DOUBT Nassib will Go Rd 1 or at worse very early Rd 2.

l

Flawed logic on every level. In the NFL GM's and coaches have a short 2-3 year window and some only get 1 year (Mike Mularky in Jax). You can't "push off" the most important position on the team. Because by pushing it off it means you will just be FIRED faster! Year 1 every new coach and GM in the NFL must get their QB and start out of the gate with that. Otherwise if you think you can find a journeyman QB or a caretaker for a year and worry about the QB position in year 2 you are just writing your own pink slip!!! You might not get a Year 2 in the NFL!

If Marrone really wants Nassib he should trade down and get additional picks

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Flawed logic on every level. In the NFL GM's and coaches have a short 2-3 year window and some only get 1 year (Mike Mularky in Jax). You can't "push off" the most important position on the team. Because by pushing it off it means you will just be FIRED faster! Year 1 every new coach and GM in the NFL must get their QB and start out of the gate with that. Otherwise if you think you can find a journeyman QB or a caretaker for a year and worry about the QB position in year 2 you are just writing your own pink slip!!! You might not get a Year 2 in the NFL!
buddy nix is already out the door. he's as good as gone. doug whaley is taking over after the draft. poorly kept secret in buffalo.

i understand why teams reach because of short windows but it doesn't apply to the bills.

i never said that's what the bills "will" do, i said "should"

the bills should've done a lot of things but they always get it wrong

If Marrone really wants Nassib he should trade down and get additional picks

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This is a draft where few teams if any want to trade up. No elite prospects

buddy nix is already out the door. he's as good as gone. doug whaley is taking over after the draft. poorly kept secret in buffalo.

i understand why teams reach because of short windows but it doesn't apply to the bills.

i never said that's what the bills "will" do, i said "should"

the bills should've done a lot of things but they always get it wrong
I would love to see mill house as GM

No idea how much Marrone wants to draft Nassib or Pugh, but I guarantee you Macky plays for the Bills after next season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom