Foy to right tackle. | Syracusefan.com

Foy to right tackle.

Dmcnabbrules

All Conference
Ivan Foy tweeted that he is being moved to right tackle. He was asked if that was his natural position, he replied never played it before. Hopefully this means that Palmer and Miller are playing well not that Phillips and Knapp are struggling.

Ivan Foy tweeted that he is being moved to right tackle. He was asked if that was his natural position, he replied never played it before. Hopefully this means that Palmer and Miller are playing well not that Phillips and Knapp are struggling.

Palmer, Miller, Emerich, Macky, and Trudo give us a ton of interior talent / depth. Makes sense to shift Foy to RT, since tackle has less depth.

Wonder what this says about Nick Robinson and Hickey, if anything?

We'll probably see Hickey at LT even though it's been said that he's a better fit at RT.

Wonder what this says about Nick Robinson and Hickey, if anything?

We'll probably see Hickey at LT even though it's been said that he's a better fit at RT.

Depends on the QB. If its Loeb, Hickey stays at RT [where he would still protect the blindside].

Unless Knapp adds some sand to the bucket and is ready to start, Hickey is probably our best bet to play that important position. He wasn't as good as Pugh when he played LT last year, but he was pretty darn good.

And that's why cool kid George McDonald and company should've spent more time recruiting tackles instead of unnecessary wide receivers.

And that's why cool kid George McDonald and company should've spent more time recruiting tackles instead of unnecessary wide receivers.
Not sure I agree with this, but I appreciate the stand you're taking.

Things would have been ok if GA tackle had not got hurt. What was his name Kristopher Curtis?

I think that "cool kid" George McDonald tried to grab as much talent as he could in the very limited window of opportunity he was presented with, regardless of what the roster needs were. Let's cut him a little slack.

Kendall Moore will end up at OT.

The new staff did a great job all things considered. The tone of your post is so far off the mark it's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I have a half-full glass of pinot I need to finish.

Depends on the QB. If its Loeb, Hickey stays at RT [where he would still protect the blindside].

Unless Knapp adds some sand to the bucket and is ready to start, Hickey is probably our best bet to play that important position. He wasn't as good as Pugh when he played LT last year, but he was pretty darn good.

I think Hickey played well @ LT, the issue was without him at RT the drop off on that side of line was immense. Pugh >/= Hickey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sweet Lou

I think that "cool kid" George McDonald tried to grab as much talent as he could in the very limited window of opportunity he was presented with, regardless of what the roster needs were. Let's cut him a little slack.
As arbiter of nicknaming I decree that George Mcdonald shall henceforth be known as "Cool Kid" George McDonald. The matter is closed.

:gavel:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I hope he has the mobility to play tackle, i am skeptical now. I think this basically seals up Hickey at LT and Palmer at LG.

Didn't mean to hit the like button, McDonald was not going to get any linemen that late in the game that would have came in and made an impact this season anyway.

I think Foy is more athletic than Lou atleast. I see the move as a depth issue. Great depth at guard, not at tackle. I feel a lot better with the tackle options of Hickey plus Phillips/Robinson/Foy/Knapp winner. As a whole, I think the tackle combo is better than what we started last year with (Hickey/Lou).

Nothing has been proven ON THE FIELD yet already negative posts. Gotta love it!:blah:

I really like this OL. Not a ton of depth at tackle (hence the Foy move), but overall I think the talent is there, and will once again be a strong point of the team.

Yeah there were so many tackles available the last two weeks of January and didn't the new staff get two lineman; Hayes and Moore?

As arbiter of nicknaming I decree that George Mcdonald shall henceforth be known as "Cool Kid" George McDonald. The matter is closed.

:gavel:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
;-)

Offensive Lineman on scholarship list below, looks to be plenty of bodies and depth. Just unproven for the most part. We brought in enough linemen in this class, not sure what everyone is talking about. 4 of 20 is 1/5 of the class being linemen.

New Guys:
Kendall MooreOT
Alex Hayes OG
Jonathan Burton OT
John Miller G/C

Current Roster:
Rob Trudo OG **
Omari Palmer OG
Macky C **
Sean Hickey OT **
Andy Phillips OT (is he on scholly? Wasn't sure)
Nick Robinson OT/OG
Ivan Foy OT/OG ** Was good enough to split time with Trudo at G
Kyle Knapp OT
Jason Emerich C

Am I missing anybody? Wasn't sure about Phillips, is he back and was he ever on Scholarship?

Kendall Moore doesn't want to be a tackle. He only came to Syracuse because he wanted to be a tight end and Syracuse told him that they'll put him there first. Burton has been said to be a project tackle and more than likely doesn't sniff the field this year.

Believe Phillips is still in, but has been a 4 or 5 year backup.

If Knapp or Hickey go down for any period of time, good luck to the offense.

Entering the recruiting fray that late in the game meant there were no linemen left that were suited to starting right away.

Yeah, what an idiot!

What would George McDonald know about our needs anyway?

I'm sure he didn't have time to speak with SS before recruiting those fast, athletic WRs!

Kendall Moore doesn't want to be a tackle. He only came to Syracuse because he wanted to be a tight end and Syracuse told him that they'll put him there first. Burton has been said to be a project tackle and more than likely doesn't sniff the field this year.

Melvin Tuten didn't come here to be an OT either but that's where he ended up. Nice NFL career to boot.

Kind of like Devan Carter doesn't want to be a LB at Rutgirls?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom