Fran Brown - greatest off-season hype up in history? | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown - greatest off-season hype up in history?

swish7

All Conference
Where does the Fran Brown off-season hype up rank as compared to modern Syracuse coaching hires, in terms of where we were at before the hire & the pre-snap expectations? Not how they performed post snap, but pre snap..

Has to be up there.

1. Fran Brown
  2. Doug Marrone
  3. Greg Robinson
  4. Dino
  5. Coach Mac
  6. Coach P
  7. Scott Shafer

Last edited:
Where is the Fran Brown off-season hype up rank as compared to modern Syracuse coaching hires, in terms of where we were at before the hire & the pre-snap expectations? Not how they performed post snap, but pre snap..

Has to be up there.

0. DAN MULLEN

1. Fran Brown
  2. Doug Marrone
  3. Greg Robinson
  4. Dino
  5. Coach Mac
  6. Coach P
  7. Scott Shafer

FIFY. ;)

I'd put Dino over Greg. Seems like I remember that people were excited about change, but there were also some reservations about GRob. People were pumped about Dino, myself included.

It has been a great off season for sure but I am kind of like...

take the "off season" cache down to Wegman's and see what type of groceries you can buy with it. Fran's coaching career starts today. Who will be the first to post "is Fran the right guy?"

Where does the Fran Brown off-season hype up rank as compared to modern Syracuse coaching hires, in terms of where we were at before the hire & the pre-snap expectations? Not how they performed post snap, but pre snap..

Has to be up there.

1. Fran Brown
  2. Doug Marrone
  3. Greg Robinson
  4. Dino
  5. Coach Mac
  6. Coach P
  7. Scott Shafer
I remember sitting in PAF 101 in Maxwell after Mac left for the Pats and the players STUNNED P was named Head Coach. I remember they kept saying “that man is crazy”

It will be interesting to see how quickly the pitchforks come out at the first sign of adversity. And there will be adversity - there always is.
Yeah, I really hope there isn't much adversity, that everything clicks, but, you're right, it is gonna come as early as week 2.

I don't remember the Greg Robinson hype but Dino had the "We're gonna play fast on turf, and air it out!" hype.
The Greg Robinson hype was all about his super bowl rings with the Broncos. The AD at the time, Dr DG, wouldn't shut up about his rings. That 1st game against Iowa was an instant reality check. His product was super boring.

The Greg Robinson hype was all about his super bowl rings with the Broncos. The AD at the time, Dr DG, wouldn't shut up about his rings. That 1st game against Iowa was an instant reality check. His product was super boring.
I think what also contributed to the hype were comments either by him or Gross (can’t remember which) that our roster talent wise wasn’t much different that USC’s.

Yeah ok guys. :D

Through 35 minutes, the difference between Robinson and Brown isn’t all that much. Except the opponent Robinson faced was much better.

Through 35 minutes, the difference between Robinson and Brown isn’t all that much. Except the opponent Robinson faced was much better.
Well the difference is that Fran will get his first win in his first game. And highly unlikely he goes 1-10 this year.

I'd put Dino over Greg. Seems like I remember that people were excited about change, but there were also some reservations about GRob. People were pumped about Dino, myself included.
One of the talking heads on ESPN, I cannot remember who it was, said Syracuse made a home run hire and one of the best new coaching appointments with Babers. It got me stoked when I heard it.