Frank Anselem back in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem back in the portal

Didn’t an insider already say we had a transfer replacement in mind who isn’t very good? I think it was dasher?

Seems like due to the current influx of transfers, we just use preexisting connections vs doing due diligence on every option.

Didn’t an insider already say we had a transfer replacement in mind who isn’t very good? I think it was dasher?

Seems like due to the current influx of transfers, we just use preexisting connections vs doing due diligence on every option.

Yes Ballard

That’s too bad but perfectly understandable. He wants more than the 10mpg as the back up center. But things could change. Not every kid that goes into the portal stays in the portal. Wishing him the best.

Lazy recruiting by JAB, but to be expected in his final 1-2 seasons as coach.

Fully expect us to grab Adams-Woods, Pride and Ballard from the portal this year :-(

Last edited:

“First and foremost, I would like to thank Coach Boeheim and the Syracuse University coaching staff for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. Also, I would like to thank the orange family for the love you have given me for 2 years. #GoCuse I will forever be grateful to have been a part of this historic program. However, things have to end for something to start anew. With that being said, I will be entering the transfer portal,” Anselem said in a statement to On3.

That’s too bad but perfectly understandable. He wants more than the 10mpg as the back up center. But things could change. Not every kid that goes into the portal stays in the portal. Wishing him the best.

Agreed -- perfectly understandable.

He has starting potential, but most kids don't want to wait 2, 3 years anymore. Don't blame him, but wish he wouldn't leave.

What does major backup minutes mean? He is totally capable of playing 8-10 per game. What?
My lord. He's ranked 256th in the country and weighs 190 lbs. Counting on him to be a backup as a freshman in 2022 would be absolutely moronic and to even think that's a reasonable idea makes me question how in the world you came to this conclusion. I will be stunned if even 1 other person is in agreement with you that rolling with Carey as the backup big next year is anything more than a dumb idea.

not really that surprising. also doesn't really affect next season. hope he does well elsewhere.

There is absolutley no way Dasher can replace Frank.
no-absolutely.gif

My lord. He's ranked 256th in the country and weighs 190 lbs. Counting on him to be a backup as a freshman in 2022 would be absolutely moronic and to even think that's a reasonable idea makes me question how in the world you came to this conclusion. I will be stunned if even 1 other person is in agreement with you that rolling with Carey as the backup big next year is anything more than a dumb idea.
Not to mention he hasn't played in like a year. He's already behind the curve.

If he had waited he would start for his Junior and Senior year. He has to find a place where he is an absolute starter or else this decision is a bad one. What sucks is we develop these players and they bail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom