Frank shot really well | Syracusefan.com

Frank shot really well

Four turnovers, zero assists.

Tough night all around. That behind the back pass to Marek was uniquely bad.

All of that is true.

He looked as good and as bad as a guard can in one game.

His good part is still probably our highlight of the night.

Watch the replay, nobody moves without the ball on offense. Simple basketball. Results in awkward passing back and forth between marek and buddy, and players not actually knowing what to do when they get the ball in scoring position. This team is not fundamentally adequate.

Watch the replay, nobody moves without the ball on offense. Simple basketball. Results in awkward passing back and forth between marek and buddy, and players not actually knowing what to do when they get the ball in scoring position. This team is not fundamentally adequate.

And who is to fault for that?

That was a 40 minute disorganized chuck-a-thon.

I would describe most of our games that way. It's just sometimes the shots go in (like the Ohio State game, etc.) and we are seduced into thinking we are good. But it's just not a blueprint for long-term success.

This program desperately needs a big man coach and a front court with any semblance of fundamentals.

This year's team is a bad team that is badly coached. That is all. I'm out.

Marek and Buddy seem to be the only players with actual BBall IQ.

We also take more long contested 2s than anyone in America

Why is Frank still criticized for not running the offense or needing to be a floor general? This is what happens when a SG/SF type is forced to assume the role of ball handler and point guard when he is woefully inadequate at those duties.

We're where we are because of the HC, system and recruiting. There's just so little offensive talent, quickness and overall basketball skill that being upset at one kid playing out of position just seems hollow. This whole thing is a mess, as it has been for a few years now...

We also take more long contested 2s than anyone in America
And even Marek loves incredibly low iq fouls. You can live with that at the college level though. It happens.

Amen . . . our offense is like a still-life painting, worse actually. Our idea of offense is to pass the ball around the perimeter, and most teams are happy to let you do that, have someone set a pick for the ball handler, and I guess then hope the lane to the basket magically opens up because no one else seems to have any idea of where to go, or what to do. If we ain't hitting threes on any given night, we are in trouble.

Our big basketball innovation over the past decade has been to institute a full court press when we get perilously behind . . . which should give you a pretty good idea of how things have been going for the program.

Can you tell the last few losses have me all fatootsed, i.e. 3-3 over the past six games including a 22 point ding @ Virginia Tech, 18 at home against Florida State, last night's 15 pointer at State, and before that a 14 point dump to Georgia Tech at home. Woof!

We went 0-14 from 3 without Frank. If the team makes our usual 40% in the ACC, it's a different game.

People can say coaching or players or scheme or what have you - but this team is going to absolutely live and die by the 3. Just how it goes

The funny thing is, he shot well, but had two airballs, and one three point attempt that hit so high off the backboard I thought for a second he might clear it entirely. And it was a fairly wide-open three with some late closeout.

:(

1550159754470.gif

We went 0-14 from 3 without Frank. If the team makes our usual 40% in the ACC, it's a different game.

People can say coaching or players or scheme or what have you - but this team is going to absolutely live and die by the 3. Just how it goes
Just like other teams that lack a post offensive presence. Our one ace in the hole is that battle can
penetrate but not always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom