Frank Tonight | Syracusefan.com

Frank Tonight

I'm hoping he's taking the Vince Young approach to this season: chill out in the first half, then go the off.

Has had a solid year vs Pittsburgh and noticeably gets under their guards skin. He has himself a game tonight.

Calling my shot.

I desperately hope you're right. But he just isn't himself this season.

Has had a solid year vs Pittsburgh and noticeably gets under their guards skin. He has himself a game tonight.

Calling my shot.

Hope you're right.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it might be an anticipatory Frank criticism thread underway.

He just can't push it -- Boeheim encourages it but any time Frank does, he deliberately slows down when he doesn't have an easy look. He's just not that type of guard.

Wish Carey had developed more so we could have seen him push pace but he made too many turnovers. Hopefully we can really push it next year and be exciting again...

How does he get under their skin?

Xavier Johnson, among other pitt players, visibly lost their composure in the loss at the dome and much of it was due to Tyus and Frank outplaying them. I also seem to recall some pushing and shoving in the road game too i can’t remember what.

I desperately hope you're right. But he just isn't himself this season.
So true. I was watching highlights today of last seasons tourney run. Wow Howard just looks in better shape physically, and a noticeable difference in his play! It’s remarkable how slow he is this year. Not to say he was ever fast. Here’s to hoping he flips the switch!

There is always a lot of pushing and shoving in a Pitt game. Parts of their game last night looked like WrestleMania III.

Calling my shot.
While they didn’t play against each other Johnson went to big HS rival Bishop OConnell. Frank went to Paul VI nearby.

I have this little hunch that Frank puts it together starting tonight. He isn’t going out without a fight. Time to pull yourself together Frank, and lead us to the second weekend.

Calling my shot.
I hope your right. My prediction is frank does nothing and I say put Buddy in at least 12 times. Calling my shot. Hope I’m wrong.

Xavier Johnson, among other pitt players, visibly lost their composure in the loss at the dome and much of it was due to Tyus and Frank outplaying them. I also seem to recall some pushing and shoving in the road game too i can’t remember what.

Oh yeah, didn't Johnson go by Battle on the way to their benches and just awkwardly lock arms with him?

Also be on the lookout for Trey McGowens' bush league leg flail.

Oh yeah, didn't Johnson go by Battle on the way to their benches and just awkwardly lock arms with him?

Also be on the lookout for Trey McGowens' bush league leg flail.
Yes exactly.

Honestly I think Frank may mouth off a bit when he’s shooting well, which means there’s points going on the board so im fine with it.

I can imagine Tyus, when he’s on, being frustratinf as well.

Himself? he's playing exactly like he has prior three years

Exactly like last year? Yes he played a lot of mins that helps with some stats but hurts with others.

15 ppg
1st in the ACC in SPG
5th in the ACC in APG
T 2nd in voting for ACC Most Improved Player
One media org named him All ACC defensive team

So no, he’s not playing exactly the same. And BTW, for his role as a freshman he played pretty well and most people were excited about him.

Exactly like last year? Yes he played a lot of mins that helps with some stats but hurts with others.

15 ppg
1st in the ACC in SPG
5th in the ACC in APG
T 2nd in voting for ACC Most Improved Player
One media org named him All ACC defensive team

So no, he’s not playing exactly the same. And BTW, for his role as a freshman he played pretty well and most people were excited about him.
Also, SWC net points demonstrates the severe drop off as well.

I haven’t supported playing time for Frank this year but it’s not because he is playing the same as last year its because he is not healthy. This is supported by SWC per 40 min data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom