Friday Afternoon Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Afternoon Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Bernie%2BFine.jpg

Bernie's statement

Rautins not buying allegations against Fine

Former Syracuse players Howard Triche and Allen Griffin surprised by allegations against Bernie Fine

Big East Associate Commissioner for men's basketball offers 'personal support' for Bernie Fine

DA William Fitzpatrick promises full investigation of Syracuse basketball coach Bernie Fine

Media wait outside Melo Center Friday morning

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim defends Bernie Fine, says accuser Bobby Davis is lying

Syracuse University: Police would have told DA's office of Bernie Fine allegations 'if appropriate'

Syracuse police begin investigation of molestation allegations against SU assistant basketball coach

Accused Helped Found Jewish Coaches Assn

Last half of story
Expert says abuse into adulthood rare

Cleaning up college sports has new meaning

Says Davis babysat Bernie's kids on he road
Boeheim: Davis has tried to get money before

Gary Parrish: Jim Boeheim bet his reputation on Bernie Fine

Mike DeCourcy: Jim Boeheim risks everything to defend his friend

Syracuse alum reacts to latest sex scandal

Your comments: Bernie Fine's case is nothing like Penn State

Syracuse basketball's Bernie Fine: Analysts, fans react to sex abuse allegations on Twitter

Syracuse Basketball Allegations Have Parents, Player Talking

Syracuse sports bloggers weigh in on Bernie Fine accusations

Sex abuse claims at Syracuse University spark debate

Cantor unavailable for further comment on Fine allegations after issuing email Friday morning

Videos

260825829001_693642294001_vs-693626554001.jpg

Jim Boeheim goes on offense to defend Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine

National sex scandals raising local awareness of child abuse

Audio

Audio: Jim Boeheim talks to Gomez & Dave about allegations against Bernie Fine

Next Opponent

SU Hoops: Orange and Raiders Meet for 164th Time Saturday

Around The Big East

Head coach Kevin Willard and the Pirates will face Saint Joseph's ...

3-point shot: Recovering Lavin upbeat

Around The Nation

Laws on reporting child sex abuse vary state to state

Despite messes, sports haven't failed us

Will Mississippi St. finally reach potential?

Blog

Bernie Fine: Why We Shouldn't Rush to Judgement Towards Syracuse ...

Jeez ... I said the same thing as that Counselor right here on this board and haven't gotten any nationwide exposure ...

Jeez ... I said the same thing as that Counselor right here on this board and haven't gotten any nationwide exposure ...

Which statement, the one regarding the rarity of the abuse going into the twenties?

I understand another reason why the abuse rarely goes into adulthood is that the predator is no longer interested in sex with a young woman/man. There's a reason they call it P e d o p h I l I aalthough in this case the proper term is probably hebephilia (11-14 years old) or perhaps even ephebophilia (ages 15-19).

Cheers,
Neil

Which statement, the one regarding the rarity of the abuse going into the twenties?

I understand another reason why the abuse rarely goes into adulthood is that the predator is no longer interested in sex with a young woman/man. There's a reason they call it P e d o p h I l I aalthough in this case the proper term is probably hebephilia (11-14 years old) or perhaps even ephebophilia (ages 15-19).

Cheers,
Neil

Or perhaps because the predator knows that an adult can (and probably will) resist and fight back and maybe even kick the crap out of him (the predator).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom