Friday Afternoon Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Afternoon Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
10293549-standard.jpg

Photo taken moments ago from inside the SU lockerroom

From left, Michael Carter-Williams, CJ Fair, Matt Tomaszewski and Fab Melo relax in the locker room before their game against Stanford in the Sporting Goods NIT Tip Off at Madison Square Garden. Dennis Nett/The Post-Standard.

NIT finals preview: Syracuse vs. Stanford

MBB | Syracuse ready for another test against Stanford in NIT ...

Syracuse to play Stanford for NIT Tip-Off championship

24.gif
183.gif

Stanford-Syracuse Preview

Stanford (5-0) vs. (5) Syracuse (5-0) (ET)

Cardinal and Orange meet for NIT Season Tip-Off title

Best sub: Syracuse's Dion Waiters. Waiters jump-started the Orange with 11 points off the bench in the comeback win over Virginia Tech in the NIT Season Tip-Off semifinal. Waiters is a game-changer when he's on the floor. He gives Syracuse a different look because of his ability to get into the lane quicker than Scoop Jardine. He's not as refined as Jardine and can be hit or miss, but when he's on he gives the Orange a different look.

Best coaching jobs: Kansas' Bill Self and Virginia Tech's Seth Greenberg. Neither team won when I saw them but they were going up against top-five squads in Kentucky and Syracuse. Self and Greenberg are maximizing the talent on their teams. They do have studs in Thomas Robinson (Kansas) and Dorenzo Hudson (Virginia Tech), but they get their teams to play as hard as they coach. Kansas' play in Maui deserves high praise and the Jayhawks will once again be in contention to win the Big 12. The Hokies will find a way to be on the bubble again. Neither team is as stocked as it has been in the past, but these two coaches will get these teams to reach their potential.

Best teams: Nothing I saw changed my opinion that North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke and Syracuse are all legitimate Final Four contenders. I have yet to see Ohio State, but put the Buckeyes in that group as well.
Here's what I've learned so far

Video

Here is a video shot at the Fine home

Laurie interviews Wes Johnson

Former Player

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, NBA Superstars to Play Barack Obama Classic

Around The Nation

3-point shot: Pac-12 off to slow start

Blogs

Syracuse vs. Stanford: NIT Tip-Off Title Up For Grabs

Stanford vs. Syracuse Preview: Cardinal Face No. 5 Orange in ...

Syracuse vs. Stanford, Syracuse vs. Cincinnati: Where Are We Watching?

NIT Season Tip-Off: 10 Most Impressive Players at the Preseason ...

Dion one of 15 to have a breakout season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom