Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
JeramiGrant-by-Andrerw-Shurtleff-e1310393616546.jpg

Jerami Grant makes USA U18 national team

Grant A Finalist For USA Under-18 Squad

Luke Winn: Balancing Act: Evaluating the offensive balance of title winners

SU Athletics Wins National Video Award

47. SF Kris Joseph, Syracuse, Sr. (Me: 58; CBS: 22)
I mentioned that Dion Waiters was the most important offensive player Syracuse had when he was on the floor. Joseph was the Orange's most important player, period. He played over six minutes per game more than any teammate. His most impressive skill was volume scoring without turning the ball over.

58. SG Dion Waiters, Syracuse, So. (Me: 74; CBS: unranked)
Before last season people pinned Kris Joseph as the star for Syracuse, but Waiters ended up running right alongside him as a leader of the Orange. Waiters scored as a slasher and as a shooter and likely forced more turnovers than he committed. Jim Boeheim preferred to have Waiters come off the bench, but when the sophomore was on the floor no one was more important to the Syracuse offense.Last Year's Top 100 Players

Videos

Upgrades, including new video boards, arriving at the Carrier Dome

The Bud and Brent Show: Which Syracuse basketball player has most to gain at NBA Draft Combine?

NBA Draft

9496639-large.jpg

Did Suns promise to draft Dion Waiters?

Sources: Raptors shopping pick (Dion Waiters) for forward

NBA Draft: Does Dion Waiters have a promise?

Dion Waiters has pulled out of all workouts and interviews, which means he likely has a promise from a team in the top ten. Waiters’ stock has increased rapidly in recent weeks. League sources speculate that the Toronto Raptors have given him a promise at #8.
HW

Spurs took a look at Syracuse's Scoop‎

Case closed: Texas guard J'Covan Brown said a Monday workout at the Berto Center ended prematurely when Syracuse big man Fab Melo grew dizzy and light-headed. Gonzaga center Robert Sacre was the only other big man present to match up against Melo.

"I was just dehydrated from traveling," Melo said. "I spoke to them and they knew the situation. I'm planning to work out for them again."
CT

2012 Draft Profile: Fab Melo

NBA Draft Combine: Withdrawals and standouts

Around The Big East

img26035663.jpg

Marquette coach Buzz Williams said his schedule is set with the Ohio State game on a Naval ship off the coast off Charleston, S.C. According to Williams, this will be the toughest schedule he has had at Marquette with the OSU game, the Maui Invitational (Texas, UNC and Butler headline too), Wisconsin, at Florida, at Green Bay and LSU. Williams would feel better about the schedule if he still had the two players he was watching in Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom.
ESPN

Around The Nation

Tony Delk: Where is he now?

University News

Poetry Magazine gets a little rock 'n' roll with Lou Reed

Syracuse students create four-block-long human chain

JeramiGrant-by-Andrerw-Shurtleff-e1310393616546.jpg

Jerami Grant makes USA U18 national team

Luke Winn: Balancing Act: Evaluating the offensive balance of title winners

SU Athletics Wins National Video Award

47. SF Kris Joseph, Syracuse, Sr. (Me: 58; CBS: 22)
I mentioned that Dion Waiters was the most important offensive player Syracuse had when he was on the floor. Joseph was the Orange's most important player, period. He played over six minutes per game more than any teammate. His most impressive skill was volume scoring without turning the ball over.

58. SG Dion Waiters, Syracuse, So. (Me: 74; CBS: unranked)
Before last season people pinned Kris Joseph as the star for Syracuse, but Waiters ended up running right alongside him as a leader of the Orange. Waiters scored as a slasher and as a shooter and likely forced more turnovers than he committed. Jim Boeheim preferred to have Waiters come off the bench, but when the sophomore was on the floor no one was more important to the Syracuse offense.Last Year's Top 100 Players

Video

Upgrades, including new video boards, arriving at the Carrier Dome

NBA Draft

9496639-large.jpg

Did Suns promise to draft Dion Waiters?

Sources: Raptors shopping pick (Dion Waiters) for forward

NBA Draft: Does Dion Waiters have a promise?

Dion Waiters has pulled out of all workouts and interviews, which means he likely has a promise from a team in the top ten. Waiters’ stock has increased rapidly in recent weeks. League sources speculate that the Toronto Raptors have given him a promise at #8.
HW

Spurs took a look at Syracuse's Scoop‎

Case closed: Texas guard J'Covan Brown said a Monday workout at the Berto Center ended prematurely when Syracuse big man Fab Melo grew dizzy and light-headed. Gonzaga center Robert Sacre was the only other big man present to match up against Melo.

"I was just dehydrated from traveling," Melo said. "I spoke to them and they knew the situation. I'm planning to work out for them again."
CT

2012 Draft Profile: Fab Melo

NBA Draft Combine: Withdrawals and standouts

Around The Big East

img26035663.jpg

Marquette coach Buzz Williams said his schedule is set with the Ohio State game on a Naval ship off the coast off Charleston, S.C. According to Williams, this will be the toughest schedule he has had at Marquette with the OSU game, the Maui Invitational (Texas, UNC and Butler headline too), Wisconsin, at Florida, at Green Bay and LSU. Williams would feel better about the schedule if he still had the two players he was watching in Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom.
ESPN

Around The Nation

Tony Delk: Where is he now?

University News

Poetry Magazine gets a little rock 'n' roll with Lou Reed

Syracuse students create four-block-long human chain
That story on the scoreboard improvements at the Dome included a mention that SU is installing 140 WiFi access points in the Dome. Nice that they are finally addressing this issue. It should have been dealt with 5 years ago.

The other news there was that they are putting POS in all the concession areas, so you can pay for your hot dog and beer with a credit card. They say in a year or two you will be able to place orders for food from your seat using your smart phone.

That is nice, but I would rather they improve the choices for what you can order rather than improve the ways you can order.