Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
NBA Draft

6349580.jpg

Syracuse's Waiters, Melo each go in first round

Cleveland takes Dion Waiters, who leads trio of Syracuse players ...

Boston Celtics draft Syracuse center Fab Melo, forward Kris Joseph‎‎

NBA draft: Cavaliers pull surprise, take Syracuse's Dion Waiters at ...

Cavs take Syracuse's Waiters at No. 4, trade for Zeller

Philly's Waiters selected by Cleveland in NBA draft

NBA Draft 2012: Cleveland Cavaliers surprise with pick of Dion ...

Welcome to Cleveland, Dion — Voice of the Syracuse fan

Cleveland Cavaliers' NBA draft party takes a turn after team selects Syracuse guard Dion Waiters

Cleveland Cavaliers pick Dion Waiters never had a doubt he'd be taken high: 'I don't think I have any weaknesses'‎‎‎‎

Cavs Double Down on Draft Night

Cavaliers roll the dice with 2012 NBA Draft selection Dion Waiters

Brian Dulik: Deion Waiters pick hardly a slam dunk

Cavaliers take Dion Waiters to provide night's first shock‎‎‎

2012 NBA Draft: Is Fab Melo Better Than Andre Drummond?

NBA Draft Sleeper: Fab Melo, Center, Syracuse

7-footer Fab Melo selected by Boston Celtics with the 22nd overall ...

When it comes to NBA-level defense, Melo not yet the man

Doc Rivers sees potential value in Fab Melo

Danny Ainge Talks About Sullinger, Melo and Joseph‎‎‎‎

Celtics stick to their plan as they drafted their biggest needs

Celts happy with picks

Celtics pleased with draft picks

Celtics go big in draft

Celtics add size with draft picks Sullinger, Melo

Celts' motto: Go big or go home

Celtics gamble on Sullinger, Melo

Melo Picked In First Round By Celtics

Celtics get younger size in Sagemont grad Fab Melo

Celtics draft capsules

The Celtics made out like bandits‎

Sound bites on Sullinger, Melo

Joseph faces uphill battle for roster spot‎‎‎‎‎‎

Here is a complete list of draftee's & where they went

Chris Mannix: Observations from NBA draft night

Videos

Fifth annual Jim Boeheim Golf Classic

Atunyote hosts Boeheim Golf Classic

SU trio take talents to NBA

2012 NBA Draft: Cavs take Waiters from Syracuse

Cavs GM Chris Grant isn't afraid to go against grain

With the 4th pick the Cleveland Cavs pick Dion Waiters of Syracuse‎

Dion At The Podium

Dion interviewed by Craig Sager

Dion Waiters: Instant Analysis

Dion's highlights

Austin Carr on the Cavs 4th pick

Waiters signs autographs

Dion's Post-Draft Video Shoot

Dion Waiters headed to Cleveland

2012 NBA Draft Grades: Dion Waiters to Cleveland Cavaliers at No. 4

Orangemen Waiters & Melo Picked In First Round

Celtics make big choices

McDonough: Draft went 'just the way we wanted'

Celtics Draft Review

Draft Class Arrival

NBA Group Draft Photo

This is what was said 3 days before the draft on the Cavs 4th pick

Ainge: 'Big Guys Are Hard to Find'

Orange Again: Celtics Select Kris Joseph In Second Round‎‎

Recruiting

Recruiting Profile: BeeJay Anya | Terps Insider

Former Player

With Bulls On Jonny Flynn's List, Who Needs The 2012 NBA Draft?

Source: Lakers on Flynn's list

Lakers Rumors: Jonny Flynn Interested in Signing with the Lakers

Is it just me, or does it seem like Dion is walking into a similar situation to that of Donovan McNabb's in Philly. We've seen this story before. Town desperate for a title has high draft pick. Fans are pining for a spectacular name. The pick comes, and it's not that spectacular name. They boo. And they boo. And they boo. They make negative statements about the player's ability, a player who many of them know nothing about. The player is marked even before he pulls the uniform on.

It's too bad that Cleveland is too stupid to realize what a gem Dion is. His hometown Sixers would love to have him (as would this Sixers fan).

F Cleveland.

Well, if you read the book "The Whore of Akron," it's pretty clear that deeply-bred Clevelanders have taken their futility in pro sports (post-1964, that is, when Jim Brown brought them their last championship) and their hatred of Art Modell and LBJames and have developed a pretty nasty pathology of human spirit. Just sayin'...

I used to live there back when Jacob's Field and Gund Arena were built, the Indians were winning pennants, and Modell moved the team to Baltimore. I have seen the best and worst that Cleveland sports has to offer. The fans put John Hart on a pedestal and wanted to kill Art Modell. I never understood the seething hatred they had for Modell. The city was broke but did everything they could to help build a new, state of the art baseball park AND basketball arena...both for teams that really just plain stunk up till that time. Meanwhile, Modell was promised a lot and shown nothing. They wanted him to build them a stadium. From a purely business standpoint, I don't think Modell had a choice. Moving was the best choice. The city government (Mayor White) didn't react until Modell showed that he was serious about leaving, and then they decided to paint themselves as the helpless victims. They did nothing to help Modell. Nothing.

In the end they were rid of Modell, kept their team name, history, and got a new stadium. I think they would have been fat and happy, but then Modell won his SB. They still haven't gotten over that.

I have no sympathy for the Cleveland fans. They bring this crap on themselves. How do they expect players to want to come there and play when they boo them? Makes no sense.

The funniest thing about the Cleveland fans was that most of them didn't say they wanted another player that was picked later- they said they wanted MKG or Beal. Well tough , they were already drafted, what are you gonna do?

The funniest thing about the Cleveland fans was that most of them didn't say they wanted another player that was picked later- they said they wanted MKG or Beal. Well tough ****, they were already drafted, what are you gonna do?

What kills me is that they love the trade for Zeller because he's "...a versatile big man from UNC.". They hate the Waiters pick because they feel he didn't belong at #4. Sam Bowie went #1. How'd that turn out for Portland? I take Waiters over Zeller any day of the week.

The Cleveland fans have tunnel vision. I wonder how many of them listened to interviews today to learn that Waiters and Irving already have an on-court repoir from their AAU days? I wonder if they listened when the coach said they needed someone who could shoot and provide instant offense? Zeller gives you none of that right now. I about threw my iPad like a frisbee when I saw that they cheered the Zeller trade and still dissed Dion.

ALERT TO CLEVELAND: You got Tyler, not Cody.

What kills me is that they love the trade for Zeller because he's "...a versatile big man from UNC.". They hate the Waiters pick because they feel he didn't belong at #4. Sam Bowie went #1. How'd that turn out for Portland? I take Waiters over Zeller any day of the week.

The Cleveland fans have tunnel vision. I wonder how many of them listened to interviews today to learn that Waiters and Irving already have an on-court repoir from their AAU days? I wonder if they listened when the coach said they needed someone who could shoot and provide instant offense? Zeller gives you none of that right now. I about threw my iPad like a frisbee when I saw that they cheered the Zeller trade and still dissed Dion.

ALERT TO CLEVELAND: You got Tyler, not Cody.

That Zeller trade was dumb, they gave up so much for him. I'd rather have taken Perry Jones at 24.

I think Cavs fans are coming around. They are hearing how it was either MKG or Waiters and the front office wanted him. With the leaks coming out they all realize they couldnt have traded down because teams 5-8 all may have taken Dion. Also I think the more intelligient fans realize Dion has way more upside and talent than Harrison (cant create my own shot) Barnes.