Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
11892207-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse football quarterback Ryan Nassib flying high in offensive system installed on the fly

Orange Insider - Syracuse at Temple: SU faces one more hurdle against Owls

Syracuse football players want to go out on a high note at Temple

Syracuse football team has already exceeded last season's tackles for a loss total

SU Wraps up Regular Season at Temple

SU plays final Big East regular-season game today

Temple seniors likely facing final game when they meet Syracuse

Temple hosts Syracuse with slight chance for bowl bid on line

Orange looking to reverse losing trend in finale

How will Temple stop Ryan Nassib, Syracuse?

Live SU football updates and fan Q&A: Syracuse at Temple

Syracuse football player Alec Lemon enjoys consecutive 150-yard receiving games . . . twice

With Missouri losing to Syracuse (what happened to the "$EC is the best" theory?)

Temple Football Site

Videos

Rahme & Weidner Game Preview : SU vs

Video preview: Can Syracuse ride momentum to win over Temple?

College Football Free Picks: Syracuse at Temple (Best Bet)

Steve Gregory picks off Mark Sanchez

Former Players

Steve Gregory has career day as Patriots slam Jets — Cuse Clicks

Pats safety Gregory was a game-changer

Greene's Dan Treadwell leads East to win in Ernie Davis Exceptional Senior Classic

Ex-Syracuse University lineman Louis Gachelin gets prison for tax ...

Last Opponent

The Bad Season checklist: The media joins in, right on cue

Big East

Speculative report says Big East could dissolve, but it wouldn't be easy

Big East could be facing more realignment

UCF, USF must try to bolt Big East for ACC or Big 12

USF Bulls must battle elements along with Bearcats

QBs hurt for South Florida-Cincinnati game

Did you know? Big East Week 13

Pitt Q&A: With Big Ten Membership In Pocket Rutgers Must Regain ...

Rutgers vs. Pitt presents Graham-Greene brotherly battle

Pitt's ACC not as rosy, but some good news

Conference landscape shifts once again

Blog

Temple vs. Syracuse: Game time, TV schedule, odds and predictions

Big East football BCS bowl scenarios: Syracuse still in it (barley)

On the day after Thanksgiving, I'm still giving thanks to your dedication to providing these articles. THANK YOU!

I got the paper yesterday and finally ahd a chance to look through it. This quote from the Nassib artcile by Dave Rahme interested me:

"The fact is Hackett was asking Nassib to shelve the old offense for the one currently employed by the NFL’s New Orleans Saints, where head coach Doug Marrone served as an assistant before returning to his alma mater in December 2008.
“I watch NFL games now and I know exactly what the plays are,” Nassib said. “Watching the New Orleans Saints, our playbook is basically theirs.”

I thought we were getting the Saint's offense when we got Marrone. What the heck was that thing we were running the previous three seasons? Why did we wait this long?

I got the paper yesterday and finally ahd a chance to look through it. This quote from the Nassib artcile by Dave Rahme interested me:

"The fact is Hackett was asking Nassib to shelve the old offense for the one currently employed by the NFL’s New Orleans Saints, where head coach Doug Marrone served as an assistant before returning to his alma mater in December 2008.
“I watch NFL games now and I know exactly what the plays are,” Nassib said. “Watching the New Orleans Saints, our playbook is basically theirs.”

I thought we were getting the Saint's offense when we got Marrone. What the heck was that thing we were running the previous three seasons? Why did we wait this long?
Wish we had Ryan for one more year, he has a good head on his shoulders. Check out this blog evaluation on him I borrowed from Sunday's Articles, Future Eagles Watch: Ryan Nassib.

Last year there were rumors that there was a divide on the team & that many of the players had no respect for him. That is clearly not the case anymore. A healthy Alec Lemon, the return of Marcus Sales, the development of Jerome Smith, the late development of Adonis Ameen-Moore, the change of pace running by Prince Tyson Gulley and the maturation of the O-line have helped to make the offense click.

The question remains, who will be handed the keys to the kingdom in 2013? The last time we pushed a true freshman into that spotlight, the stage was too big for him. Joe Fields was thrown into the fire, on the road at Purdue where he got chewed up & spit out. Many thought he was the second coming of Donovan McNabb. Instead he became one of our more reliable safeties.

Who will it be?

Charlie Loeb?

Ashton Broyld?

Terrell Hunt?

John Kinder?

Zach Allen?

Austin Wilson?

Who is going to step up and keep SU's momentum going into the ACC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom