Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
12236835-mmmain.jpg

The hearing for Syracuse senior James Southerland's appeal set for 1 p.m. Friday

James Southerland's appeal to be heard on Friday

Syracuse's C.J. Fair stays consistent in the absence of James Southerland

Running Back: Syracuse returns to transition game ahead of hosting St. John’s

St. John's Red Storm — Syracuse basketball scouting report

MCW 11, Rak #60 in this mock

12206063-standard.jpg

Per Jeff Goodman, MCW #11, Jerami Grant #47, Rak #66, Southerland #90

Video

Youtube : Rakeem Christmas Post-Notre Dame talk

Letter To The Editor

Syracuse University basketball fans should stop trashing their own team

Former Player

10327898-standard.jpg

Brandon Reese slips in a little practice against his former teammates

Big East News

Irish AD: Quick Big East exit is best

Men's Basketball: More than just 'Gameday'

3-point shot: Big East 7 possible candidates

Big East Breakdown: Pitt’s win over Syracuse helps it vault into conference’s top three

Big East Notebook: Fuquan Edwin becomes latest injury for Seton ...

UConn's Slow Starts Frustrate Ollie

ACC News

Blowout City: UVa. hammers Clemson, 78-41

Blog

James Southerland to Have Appeal Heard on Friday

St. John's Freshman JaKarr Sampson Maturing Into One of Big ...

University News

The Syracuse University Flight Simulator

CNY News

Onondaga Lake cleanup is creating another Love Canal in Camillus

I really liked the letter to the PS by a fan from Albany who got a chance to go to the game, only to hear a "fan" behind him scream derisive put downs of all the players. What a rotten experience! I have never had that happen but I have sat in proximity to fans who yell hatefully at the refs for every single call. And I mean hateful. Not even Jim Burr - gulp! - deserves that level of unrelenting anger. The result is that everyone in the section feels as if they're being hit by a sledge hammer.

I understand that sporting events help the citizenry deal with their aggression in a healthy manner. For most. We jump up and down, yell, stomp our feet, scream with delight when there's a great slam, boo the bad calls, etc. But for a few, their primary aim at the game seems to be to hurl invective at whomever. God help those who sit next to them.

Go Cuse!

I really liked the letter to the PS by a fan from Albany who got a chance to go to the game, only to hear a "fan" behind him scream derisive put downs of all the players. What a rotten experience! I have never had that happen but I have sat in proximity to fans who yell hatefully at the refs for every single call. And I mean hateful. Not even Jim Burr - gulp! - deserves that level of unrelenting anger. The result is that everyone in the section feels as if they're being hit by a sledge hammer.

I understand that sporting events help the citizenry deal with their aggression in a healthy manner. For most. We jump up and down, yell, stomp our feet, scream with delight when there's a great slam, boo the bad calls, etc. But for a few, their primary aim at the game seems to be to hurl invective at whomever. God help those who sit next to them.

Go Cuse!
I agree with you and the letter writer.

Idiots like "you want to be like me" are what you don't get at this website due to the diligence of the admins.

Just ask Marsh01 how I handle negative fans.

Agree on both of these counts.

And damnit, Jeff Goodman and other people projecting prospects, you stay away from our Jerami Grant! Bad columnists! Bad!

We need a good hacker to search for references to JG and the draft...then delete those references and shut those writers/analysts off the internet...

Nice to hear that Honeywell is simply moving the problem from the bottom of a lake to a neighborhood in Camillus. Who was the brainiac who thought of that solution? Why not just incinerate the sludge?