Tailgate tales: No. 44 'fabled' at Syracuse

Liberty's West poised to be guiding force of Syracuse offense

Overall outlook & prediction — 2013 Syracuse football preview

PSU scouting report: Syracuse

PSU game breakdown vs. Syracuse: Lions' offense too strong

Hard-nosed fans won't like this Syracuse preview or Phil Clark

Former SU target Akeel Lynch may be fastest Lion

O'Brien names starting QB but says only the team knows who it is

Good morning, sports fans: Penn State 'poppycock;' start of high ...

Penn State Football: O'Brien Confirms Starting Quarterback Has ...

Lions' starting QB? Wait till game time

Penn State preview: Lions left with questions before opening test

Notes from defensive coordinator John Butler

Butler, Lions have secondary options

Penn State football: Nittany Lion players ready to play in NFL venue

New York City intertwined with Nittany Lions

Breaking down the young quarterbacks: PennLive Nittany Insider

Nits' Belton hoping for a bigger role this season

Worried about the QB? Bigger concern should be Penn State's ...

Glenn Carson is Latest in Long Line of Penn State Football's Jersey ...

Recruiting

Tyler Burke, Jamal Custis & Rasaan Stewart with SU offers

Former Recruit

Oh, it was Dale Peterman's brother who had the hemp on his lap

Videos

Syracuse Orange head coach Scott Shafer before Penn State match

Syracuse vs Penn State Preview

ESPNU Campus Connection Syracuse Ready

Syracuse College Quarterbacks Throwing Go Routes

Quarterback Correct 3 Step Drop by Syracuse QB

Quarterback Coach Todd Krueger working with Syracuse QB Charley

UConn Guard Shabazz Napier Playing Football With Syracuse QB

Quarterback Training with Syracuse and UCLA QB's

NFL Quarterback Todd Krueger coaching Syracuse QB Charley Loeb

Quarterback Coach Todd Krueger Practice Drills With Charley Loeb

Future Orangeman

9. Zaire Franklin La Salle LB 6-1 225 Sr.
The Syracuse commit is a vicious hitter, has a high motor, and strong closing speed. Franklin committed to Syracuse in June, choosing the Orangemen over Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh, and Temple, among others. The West Oak Lane resident can bench-press 335 pounds, squat 540, and power-clean 300.
Philly.com

Former Players & Coaches

McNabb & crew go head-to-head with Sportscenter

Ex-Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib doesn't do much against Tim Tebow, New England

Art Monk, now a College Football Hall-of-Famer, talks a whole lot more than he used to

Floyd Little, Art Monk among plaintiffs in lawsuit against NFL headed toward settlement

Syracuse's Floyd Little on NFL concussion lawsuit agreement: What's so great about it?

Bills coach Marrone unhappy as Matt Lineart struggles in 35-13 loss to Lions

Connecticut drops opener to Towson of FCS

How The Orange Did In The NFL

Nassib 4/9 37 yds

Jones & Gregory DNP

S Thomas 2/1

ACC

Clowney, South Carolina pound UNC

ACC football quiz: Know the rules like a referee

Traffic jam could help Va. Tech against Alabama

What to watch in the ACC week one minus the first paragraph

ACC teams have eyes set on accomplishing individual goals

Nation

Source: Texas Tech to start walk-on at QB

Blog

College Football 2013 Opening Night GameThread

Looking at both pics of Allen and Hunt in the throwing motion - I wonder if they are being taught something that I have never seen. Neither has their fingertips on the laces. Granted you don't need to have the laces aligned with the fingertips in order to throw a football but it is much easier to control. Could be other quarterbacks do the same, I just have never seen it before.

"Combine a head coach in his first head coaching job who has shown to be ineffective at best at running a defense.." - Yeah that preview was pretty garbage. His entire opinion on HCSS is formed around his single year at Michigan and not any of the last 4 years at Cuse. (and i believe Rich Rod went on the record taking the blame for that defense)

Phil Clark, another idiot with an internet connection and a keyboard.

If you are going to take shots, do some cursory research.

And I noticed this, surprised it hasn't been brought up before.

Most underrated storyline: The Lions' starting cornerbacks will be two sophomores, one of whom (Jordan Lucas) has one career tackle, and the other of whom (Trevor Williams) was a wide receiver last year and has never played defense in college​
They have a ton of experience at safety, but none at corner.

"Combine a head coach in his first head coaching job who has shown to be ineffective at best at running a defense.." - Yeah that preview was pretty garbage. His entire opinion on HCSS is formed around his single year at Michigan and not any of the last 4 years at Cuse. (and i believe Rich Rod went on the record taking the blame for that defense)

That entire article is garbage. Offense: name penn state's 2 best players and te's. No mention of syracuse rb's advantage: penn state. Defense: Penn state is thin at lb and across the line Syracuse is deep at lb and dt. Advantage: penn state. Que dice?

Looking at both pics of Allen and Hunt in the throwing motion - I wonder if they are being taught something that I have never seen. Neither has their fingertips on the laces. Granted you don't need to have the laces aligned with the fingertips in order to throw a football but it is much easier to control. Could be other quarterbacks do the same, I just have never seen it before.

Think it depends on hand size. Both qb's have mitts that make the football look junior sized.

That Lancaster online article is asking the questions of penn state that I've been for weeks and that no penn state fan prior had seemed to consider.

Think it depends on hand size. Both qb's have mitts that make the football look junior sized.

I think you are correct. Of course, when I played I NEEDED my fingertips on the laces in order to throw a proper spiral.

That moron Phil Clark tries to bring up one fact & its totally wrong!

I think you are correct. Of course, when I played I NEEDED my fingertips on the laces in order to throw a proper spiral.

As did I. I'm 6'2 1/2 ish but can't quite palm a basketball. If my fingers were just a bit longer I probably could've chucked a football however I wanted.

They are obviously going to try and the ball with the laces every single time, but they are practicing for the times when they must get the ball uber quickly and have no time to find the laces. Every QB practices this at some point.

I have found four pictures of Peyton Manning and in all of them this is how he grips the ball

His brother Eli grips it much the same in several pictures I looked at

Ryan Nassib consistently grips it this way

Big Ben likes it this way

b8932_130418124703-john-elway-single-image-cut.jpg

John Elway held it like this in college as well

As did I. I'm 6'2 1/2 ish but can't quite palm a basketball. If my fingers were just a bit longer I probably could've chucked a football however I wanted.
The defense wasn't the major problem that 1st year it was an anemic offense that didn't generate 300 yards a game.

the bigger stronger guys tend to go up on the football to the point

That Lancaster online article is asking the questions of penn state that I've been for weeks and that no penn state fan prior had seemed to consider.

Yeah, that guy at least seems to understand where some of PSUs challenge may emerge.

Powercleaning 300lbs. damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom