Friendly Reminder that we are 5 games in... | Syracusefan.com

Friendly Reminder that we are 5 games in...

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
While being one game in with Frank..and we had a Football poster declare that season over 6 games in after we lost to Pittsburgh and some current basketball posters agreed with him. Said poster has disappeared.

Now go back to hot taking at your own peril...

Hell the unbeatable Duke has lost 2, lots of games to go and lots of progress needed to gel as a team. I’m not worried at all. History shows they’ll get it straight

Its not so much that we've lost two, it's more how we've looked in losing. The most troubling aspect is our defense and our most reliable offensive players have been missing in action. Some of that can be attributed to missing FH but something else going on. Keeping fingers crossed.

Its not so much that we've lost two, it's more how we've looked in losing. The most troubling aspect is our defense and our most reliable offensive players have been missing in action. Some of that can be attributed to missing FH but something else going on. Keeping fingers crossed.
We have looked terrible, time to get it fixed, we shall see. I am really worried about this game at OSU, we will have to improve a lot to get the win in this one.
I am more worried about our center position than point(though a concern), centers have not played well, heck can not say anyone played well at MSG.

I took chit for saying after Pitt loss we were playing for bowl selection and that we were a lock to make a bowl.

I am not bullish at all on this basketball team till the offense doesn’t rely on jump shots and ISO. Or our talent is a good fit for this offense.
I just want to be in the tournament safely right now. I don’t think this is a top 4 ACC team.

Two very positive signs from last game.

1. Oshae stopped relying on the three. He took one, missed, and went right back to driving. I believe he has figured out and has been coached that his game is going to excel around the basket. Rebound and get to the foul line.

2. Sidibe showed up late and looked relatively healthy. He has the ability to play both ends.

This week is the first time we’ve had all guards healthy. It will still take more time. I’m still concerned about Ohio State but that’s the beauty of college ball.

Two very positive signs from last game.

1. Oshae stopped relying on the three. He took one, missed, and went right back to driving. I believe he has figured out and has been coached that his game is going to excel around the basket. Rebound and get to the foul line.

2. Sidibe showed up late and looked relatively healthy. He has the ability to play both ends.

This week is the first time we’ve had all guards healthy. It will still take more time. I’m still concerned about Ohio State but that’s the beauty of college ball.

He went back to driving and went 5-14 from 2. That's horrible.

I mean 5 games isn't a huge sample size, but looking the exact same as we've looked the past few years kind of is... Hopefully we turn it around but it's getting to the point where that's just who we are. I'll gladly be proved wrong.

He went back to driving and went 5-14 from 2. That's horrible.
I hear ya. It’s frustrating. As bad as he is from two, I don’t think we can afford to have him standing out at the three point line as much as he was in the first few games. We need his rebounding. My pet peeve is when he awkwardly avoids contact and makes a shot more difficult. Hopefully he gets some easier baskets and gets to the free throw line.

With two losses already, SU is almost guaranteed to have double figure losses by the end of the year. If we lose three non league games, we will lose at least 7 ACC games. That will put us on the bubble again.

With two losses already, SU is almost guaranteed to have double figure losses by the end of the year. If we lose three non league games, we will lose at least 7 ACC games. That will put us on the bubble again.

Never thought this would be the case, but the bubble is likely again this year.

11-7 could be good for 3rd in the ACC this year and we enter the ACCT to try and get a 4 or 5 maybe a 3 if we win it. Let’s see how we do tomorrow with a win we could spend the rest of the year ranked and get in comfortable. And that’s with 12-6 or 11-7.

I'm sorry, but 21-10 is not the bubble in the ACC. That said win tonight and we can start getting on a roll.

Let's shut the thing down and get ready for Lax

Ya well we have our own issues over there that were working through so you may want to shut it down for spring fball practice instead.

I mean 5 games isn't a huge sample size, but looking the exact same as we've looked the past few years kind of is... Hopefully we turn it around but it's getting to the point where that's just who we are. I'll gladly be proved wrong.

Like you said it seems at least so far that its more of the same from the last two years. I keep waiting for things to come together from an offensive standpoint but it's only been a few glimpses at best. Certainly not ready to call the season a failure 5 freeking games in but there is also a lot of whistling past the graveyard by a certain number of posters mocking anyone who has expressed concern about this years team. Tonight is a great opportunity to get some momentum on our side and get a much needed early season win.

Like you said it seems at least so far that its more of the same from the last two years. I keep waiting for things to come together from an offensive standpoint but it's only been a few glimpses at best. Certainly not ready to call the season a failure 5 freeking games in but there is also a lot of whistling past the graveyard by a certain number of posters mocking anyone who has expressed concern about this years team. Tonight is a great opportunity to get some momentum on our side and get a much needed early season win.
I mean being worried about the offense isn’t even out of line.
Anyone questioning the defense just doesn’t like it.

I took chit for saying after Pitt loss we were playing for bowl selection and that we were a lock to make a bowl.

I am not bullish at all on this basketball team till the offense doesn’t rely on jump shots and ISO. Or our talent is a good fit for this offense.
I just want to be in the tournament safely right now. I don’t think this is a top 4 ACC team.
Good post. I agree it is too early to be jumping ship but we have burned two mulligans already. It is actually difficult to make any constructive comments regarding the offense because we have not seen it jell yet. The parts seem to be there but without the point guard, nothing seems to flow. Tonights game could be a good place to start building a foundation for this season. If Frank can make the offense operate smoothly, he will well deserve the team MVP. Even the defense has been spotty so far. Again a lot has to do with Frank not being up on top till last game. Realistically a loss tonight will not be a bad loss is we keep the game close. We are away and playing one of the top rated teams in the NCAA new statistics rating. I am pumped to see a good game tonight. LGO.