From CBS Sports.com | Syracusefan.com

From CBS Sports.com

Don

2nd String
"The Chiefs have already reached out to Koetter and Falcons special teams coach Keith Armstrong. As I noted, Reid would have interest in talking to them, but that would mean owner Clark Hunt was in fact willing to part with general manager Scott Pioli. Kansas City is also high on Syracuse coach Doug Marrone, according to sources, and Marrone has a strong pro background as well and has quickly turned around that lagging program."

I think the premise that Doug is leaking info for leverage is flat out wrong. I think there is genuine interest in Coach Marrone, he may not be the top candidate but he has great respect in NFL circles.

I agree that he's a pretty well known commodity in the NFL. He came from those ranks, after all, and obviously is well known and respected by people in the pro coaching circles. The Saints, from Sean Payton to the players like Drew Brees, always sing his praises when they talk about him.

I hope Doug doesn't go anywhere, and I don't think he is ready yet, but let's not pretend he's not being seriously considered for these jobs.

Unfortunately, with this many teams interested someone is going to grab him, if for anything, so another team doesn't. Now the question is how many of the assistants go with him?

Unfortunately, with this many teams interested someone is going to grab him, if for anything, so another team doesn't. Now the question is how many of the assistants go with him?

Bears now added

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
Will be interesting to see if close pals Emery (CHI) and Pioli (KC) get into a duel for Syracuse coach Doug Marrone. both very high on him

Bears now added

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
Will be interesting to see if close pals Emery (CHI) and Pioli (KC) get into a duel for Syracuse coach Doug Marrone. both very high on him

Well the good news is Clark Hunt cut off Pioli's balls yesterday and put them on display.
Clark is making the coaching hire with no input from Pioli.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chicago won't hire Marrone - zero chance regardless of interview.

Chicago won't hire Marrone - zero chance regardless of interview.

Absolutely agree. The Bears are going to hire an NFL guy...as in, someone who is currently in the NFL. They think they are a playoff team. There is no way they hire a college coach right now.