From here on out, I'm "All In" | Syracusefan.com

From here on out, I'm "All In"

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
Saw a thread comparing Syracuse to the Giants. Just like the New York Giants of two years ago, I am all in on this Syracuse team. They've shown flashes of brilliance, and every other team can easily drop a game in the tournament and they won't have the chance to redeem themselves. I feel confident. I'm all in.

poker-all-in-texas-holdem.jpg

If we beat DePaul (which is almost a given), and beat Georgetown at their place over the weekend, I'm all in.

Unless both of those things happen, I'll still be gun-shy about this team's postseason chances. Beating the Blue Demons but losing to the Hoyas won't be enough for me to go "all in."

As a fan, I think I'll enjoy this tournament better than any of the last three years. This team reminds me of 09 where I thought the ceiling was likely the Sweet 16, which to me is a perfectly fine season. We can do better and I wont be surprised with anything from a first round loss to a Final Four. 2010 and 2012 were so damn stressful. The only part of the 2010 tournament I enjoyed was Kansas losing to UNI so that we weren't the first #1 to go down. I'm exaggerating a bit, but not much. Getting by Wisconsin last year was such a huge relief, but that was one of the most excruciatingly stressful wins ever.

Going in with no expectations is fun.

If we beat DePaul (which is almost a given), and beat Georgetown at their place over the weekend, I'm all in.

Unless both of those things happen, I'll still be gun-shy about this team's postseason chances. Beating the Blue Demons but losing to the Hoyas won't be enough for me to go "all in."

My God how this board will look if we were to lose to Depaul...

As a fan, I think I'll enjoy this tournament better than any of the last three years. This team reminds me of 09 where I thought the ceiling was likely the Sweet 16, which to me is a perfectly fine season. We can do better and I wont be surprised with anything from a first round loss to a Final Four. 2010 and 2012 were so damn stressful. The only part of the 2010 tournament I enjoyed was Kansas losing to UNI so that we weren't the first #1 to go down. I'm exaggerating a bit, but not much. Getting by Wisconsin last year was such a huge relief, but that was one of the most excruciatingly stressful wins ever.

Going in with no expectations is fun.

That's the way I look at it. Any team can lose in the tournament. If there has ever been a year where match-ups can be the deciding factor on who is going to the Final Four, this is the year. My pre-season prediction was Sweet Sixteen, but as of now I'm pulling for this team until the very end.

At this point, I'd be happy if this team wins their first round game, ecstatic if they reach the second weekend, losing my mind ape crazy if they make the final four.

And clearly if they win the whole f***ing thing, I might explode from spontaneous combustion.

This is the type of team where if the stars align can make a big run. Southerland, Fair, MCW, and Triche can all take over a game n different facets. If we can have them do it at the right times this team can be scary. They can also lose to coastal Carolina if none of them show up.