From inside a Pitt practice...... | Syracusefan.com

From inside a Pitt practice......

GENESEO1983

Walk On
Dixon drove home a few points this week, go right at Fair to get him in foul trouble...they think he's the key to SU's success. They want Carter-Williams to drive at their big man and figure Triche will get his points. Watch the head fakes against CJ and Keita, they know they're always jumping too quickly and will get them in foul trouble! The students are already camped out in The Pete and Dixon has been handing out pizzas to them. Many students have been seen sporting bathrobes in honor of Carter-Williams!

Good luck with that, Jamie. We all know you're going to resort to clutch and grab thugball because you know you can't win straight up. If SU executes on offense, Orange wins by 10.

Remember, Dixon is 9-3 against the Cuse. They may play "thug ball" but it's effective.

Remember, Dixon is 9-3 against the Cuse. They may play "thug ball" but it's effective.
I agree with your post Geneseo1983. I am Geneseo grad of '85. I did my share to save the bear. ;)

Dixon drove home a few points this week, go right at Fair to get him in foul trouble...they think he's the key to SU's success. They want Carter-Williams to drive at their big man and figure Triche will get his points. Watch the head fakes against CJ and Keita, they know they're always jumping too quickly and will get them in foul trouble! The students are already camped out in The Pete and Dixon has been handing out pizzas to them. Many students have been seen sporting bathrobes in honor of Carter-Williams!
molotov cocktails... throw them at Dixon.

I have to start writing stuff. I'm not getting any alerts.

Um, yeah, Pitt, you great . . oafs, you! Don't you worry, don't you fret, stupid Pitt, you'll get yours yet! Come tomorrow, come what may, you will live to rue this day!

Eh, that's all I got.

Take away a buzzer beater and a gift by paul harris and its close to even. You had some good teams who accomplished zero post season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take away a buzzer beater and a gift by paul harris and its close to even. You had some good teams who accomplished zero post season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"You had "? He's an SU fan.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

As demonstrated by our last game, I don't think that we can afford to have ANY of our key players get into foul trouble. Limited to 7 deep--guys need to play smart. Especially our top scorers.

My son told me how badly Dixon wants this game, he's been brutal on the players in practice this week! He feels with the short bench, SU foul trouble will lead to a Pitt victory!

My son told me how badly Dixon wants this game, he's been brutal on the players in practice this week! He feels with the short bench, SU foul trouble will lead to a Pitt victory!

I really dislike pitt--would hate to lose to those clowns.

If I am Dixon I would worry about Pitt foul trouble. Adams is a foul machine and if he doesnt stay on the floor its curtains.

If I am Dixon I would worry about Pitt foul trouble. Adams is a foul machine and if he doesnt stay on the floor its curtains.

Need to rebound, bro--Grant, CJ, and Rak need to bring it tomorrow on the backboards. Need to limit their second chance opportunities, extend to contest shooters [versus letting some random go off from three point range], not allow them to carve us up with slick interior passing, and do a better job executing our offense than we did last Saturday. We do those five things, we win.

If not, it could be a long day.

Our kids are battle tested and mentally tough. Hope they come ready to play and get off to a quick start, to shut their dumb fans up and keep them sitting on their hands, because they are bound to be pumped at the start of the game. Would love to take the fans out of the equation early and play from ahead.

Need to rebound, bro--Grant, CJ, and Rak need to bring it tomorrow on the backboards. Need to limit their second chance opportunities, extend to contest shooters [versus letting some random clown go off from three point range], not allow them to carve us up with slick interior passing, and do a better job executing our offense than we did last Saturday. We do those five things, we win.

If not, it could be a long day.

Rebounding i my #1 concern tomorrow no doubt. I just hope we do stay out of foul trouble. I really look for CJ and Brandon to have solid games. It would be nice if Rak would finally have a 15 and 10 game. Is that too much to ask?

Rebounding i my #1 concern tomorrow no doubt. I just hope we do stay out of foul trouble. I really look for CJ and Brandon to have solid games. It would be nice if Rak would finally have a 15 and 10 game. Is that too much to ask?

This Coleman situation could end up going either way for Rak. Either he's going to rise to the occasion and step his game up, or he won't [which would be a bad sign]. He's going to get a heavy infusion of PT--time to produce. He's got the tools.

This Coleman situation could end up going either way for Rak. Either he's going to rise to the occasion and step his game up, or he won't [which would be a bad sign]. He's going to get a heavy infusion of PT--time to produce. He's got the tools.

Yes he does but does he have the mental toughness and piss and vinegar. I hope to hell this somehow lights a fire under his a$$.

And is there any doubt that some jerkstore who averages 1 three pointer every 5 games makes 4 tomorrow?

Yes he does but does he have the mental toughness and piss and vinegar. I hope to hell this somehow lights a fire under his a$$.

And is there any doubt that some jerkstore who averages 1 three pointer every 5 games makes 4 tomorrow?

We've got to hope that Rak capitalizes on this opportunity, the same way that Grant has with the Southerland suspension. Absolutely has to happen for us to remain "elite" in the rankings. Rak taking his game up a notch could be the difference between us having a good season or a great one, IMO.

We've got to hope that Rak capitalizes on this opportunity, the same way that Grant has with the Southerland suspension. Absolutely has to happen for us to remain "elite" in the rankings. Rak taking his game up a notch could be the difference between us having a good season or a great one, IMO.
Tomorrow will certainly be a good test as Pitt has 2 big men who will certainly be a thorn in his side tomorrow. I really hope he can stay on the floor because this game has BMK foul trouble written all over it.

Its amazing how our season over the next 4-6 days will change. One side of the coin is we sweep the next 2, James comes back and we become a legit FF contender. The other side is we lose both, James is ruled ineligible and we all of a sudden become very average.

Tomorrow is a huge game and we really need to find a way to get the W.

Good luck with that, Jamie. We all know you're going to resort to clutch and grab thugball because you know you can't win straight up. If SU executes on offense, Orange wins by 10.

If su executes an offense...….…........

Who is going to get Adams in foul trouble? Our bigs don't do much. CJ and Jerami better use those pump-fakes!!

Who is going to get Adams in foul trouble? Our bigs don't do much. CJ and Jerami better use those pump-fakes!!

Good point. Our guards and CJ need to take the ball to the rim early and often, and pick up fouls on their bigs. It ain't going to come from our post up game, that's for sure.

Adams is what he is; a raw freshman who doesn't full understand how to utilize his length yet. If MCW and Triche can penetrate, Adams will be in foul trouble early. MCW might play out of control at times, but he has no trouble getting to the rim (he just has trouble finishing), I think they'll get at Adams early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom