From Luke Winn, Syracuse has some of the lowest Post Possession # in Major Conferences | Syracusefan.com

From Luke Winn, Syracuse has some of the lowest Post Possession # in Major Conferences

Czar

All Conference
130213.09.gif

Also, Southerland and Fair are our only decent spot up shooters.

130213.05.gif

SU's offense doesn't utilize a center for post ups. We haven't had a decent center since...Otis Hill in '96-'97. I'm talking about scoring not defensively. I was almost going to say since Rony Seikaly but then I remembered Otis. Hey 2 centers in the last 25 years that could score in the post. What more do you want?

4 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 10 are Big East teams . . . do you think it might have something to do with the way defense is played & fouls are called in our league?

Seems about right. I like when Southerland (or Fair) can catch the ball at the FT line ... it's an almost automatic bucket.

Michigan can get away with it because they're much better with the 3. Syracuse has to rely on defense and when that breaks down, last night happens.

Well, it's easy to figure out why our post production sucks. DC has been a total bust (this year), Keita can't catch or finish and Rak plays with no tenacity. None of our guys have a go-to post move...etc...

When post players don't finish, why should perimeter players pass them the ball?

4 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 10 are Big East teams . . . do you think it might have something to do with the way defense is played & fouls are called in our league?

not to mention there are some real good teams on that list, a couple who were ranked #1 and another that just missed out, so the only correlation to draw is that it indicates a style of play, not necessarily bad or good