From McMurphy.. | Syracusefan.com

From McMurphy..

Well ill say this SU moved quickly an ddidnt let it drag out. Now about that indoor practice facility.

Looking good Billy Ray... (on the Hackett news).

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Syracuse DC Scott Shafer is SU's coach & Nathaniel Hackett will remain OC, source told @ESPN. Shafer hiring 1st reported by@BFeldmanCBS
wow if true, this is as good as we could hope for. The obvious keeping both, but also it shows they're opening up the piggy bank for an assistant like never before is what the conclusion would have to be.

So who is the new defensive coordinator? Does Morrison get promoted?

Looking good Billy Ray... (on the Hackett news). As first reported by bnoro.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Syracuse DC Scott Shafer is SU's coach & Nathaniel Hackett will remain OC, source told @ESPN. Shafer hiring 1st reported by@BFeldmanCBS

I'm cool with that. Why not? Some continuity after a the first glimmer of hope in a long time. Maybe it works, maybe not, but I'm cool with it.

That is certainly great news.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much a done deal with Hack.

Players are stoked.

This was the right choice for this program in this scenario.

Congratulations to HCSS!

Hackett is a young enough guy with a bright future. So it doesn't surprise me he would stick around and see this through for at least another year. I would expect he and Shafer will work well together.

People can debate the internal vs external concept, but as far as the internal option, this worked out as best it could.

Any chance Henderson stays on, and Shafer makes him the DC?

Hackett is a young enough guy with a bright future. So it doesn't surprise me he would stick around and see this through for at least another year. I would expect he and Shafer will work well together.

People can debate the internal vs external concept, but as far as the internal option, this worked out as best it could.

Any chance Henderson stays on, and Shafer makes him the DC?

Hendy gone ...