From the can't make it up department | Syracusefan.com

From the can't make it up department

Not at all education in Alabama is not a priority just hilarious how dumb they are.
There has to be smart people at that university, though it does strain credulity. I had a good friend from Tuscaloosa, or so, that was a huge fan. Really nice guy, even keeled, smart, etc. he had all the traits the stereotype portraits though, he wasn’t racist necessarily but he believed if a white women slept with a black man they were spoiled for life, well he was racist, north caused all the issues during the civil rights era, and the only coach that was anything was Bear Bryant. The guy that was coaching at the time had come over from Kentucky, can’t remember his name, it seemed like they wanted him fired after 10 mins and I know he was getting threats on his life. i knew one other guy from Alabama, was an Auburn fan though. Had all’s the same traits otherwise.

Hard noses and snowballs that catch fire are the best. That’s what got us to 10 wins last year.

I'd like to see these fans list of potential replacements.
Maybe they're upset about the aflac commercials?

Not at all education in Alabama is not a priority just hilarious how dumb they are.
really low in us news undergraduate ----however university of alabama ranks really high in law school and medical school in uab. very sad commentary that our law school is ranked so low by comparison our med school non existent. would love for su to get med school back or at least greatly enhance research capabilities.

Who didn’t coach here at some point lol. Ed orgeron also. They’re both heading up top 3 teams. Crazy.
Coughlin bud Wilkinson were here. It's pretty crazy.

I'd like to see these fans list of potential replacements.
Maybe they're upset about the aflac commercials?
The idiot in the article thinks it's a given that Dabo can't wait to take the job.

I’d recommend you listen to about 20 minutes of call ins on WFAN before you allow yourself to feel New York is superior to Alabama. Theres a lot of stupid people everywhere.

Plus, what we define as “education” is an incredibly narrow slice of what you need to function in life - so part of the issue is that the local knowledge useful in different areas isn’t always recognizable to outsiders. Knowledge of the NYC transportation system isn’t particularly useful on a chicken farm in Anniston, AL - knowing how to handle a bird without getting attacked is very useful.
Additionally, a HUGE amount of what you “know” is actually just memorized facts without a whole lot of critical thinking. I recently had a friend challenge me to prove that the earth is round, not flat (not because he thought it was flat - he was successfully proving how little critical thought I’d put into earth being round). I was able to do it, but it actually took weeks of researching and working out the math.

My conclusion after that was most people only “know” what they’ve been taught about virtually everything where they don’t have real world experience. There’s not a lot of critical thought that has been applied. As a result, most people are stupid about most things. The sign of a truly educated person isn’t in their ability to make fun of “stupid” people while exulting their intelligence. A truly educated person takes the same position as Socrates; the only thing I know is that I know nothing.

Last edited:
I’d recommend you listen to about 20 minutes of call ins on WFAN before you allow yourself to feel New York is superior to Alabama. Theres a lot of stupid people everywhere.

Plus, what we define as “education” is an incredibly narrow slice of what you need to function in life - so part of the issue is that the local knowledge useful in different areas isn’t always recognizable to outsiders. Knowledge of the NYC transportation system isn’t particularly useful on a chicken farm in Anniston, AL - knowing how to handle a bird without getting attacked is very useful.
Additionally, a HUGE amount of what you “know” is actually just memorized facts without a whole lot of critical thinking. I recently had a friend challenge me to prove that the earth is round, not flat (not because he thought it was flat - he was successfully proving how little critical thought I’d put into earth being round). I was able to do it, but it actually took weeks of researching and working out the math.

My conclusion after that was most people only “know” what they’ve been taught about virtually everything where they don’t have real world experience. There’s not a lot of critical thought that has been applied. As a result, most people are stupid about most things. The sign of a truly educated person isn’t in their ability to make fun of “stupid” people while exulting their intelligence. A truly educated person takes the same position as Socrates; the only thing I know is that I know nothing.
Other than the yankees all the other ny sports teams blow. Ok the nets are decent. Bama is in the national title game every year.

Apparently u of a is bringing in grief counselors to deal with the loss lol. How spoiled can you get?

I’m curious on your opinion - many colleges brought in grief counselors to help students deal with the “trauma” of Trump’s victory in 2016. Is that equally absurd and accommodating spoiled students as this is?

I’m curious on your opinion - many colleges brought in grief counselors to help students deal with the “trauma” of Trump’s victory in 2016. Is that equally absurd and accommodating spoiled students as this is?
No, it's not. The presidency is real life. Football is a game. To need grief counselors for a football loss is indeed ridiculous, and worthy of this thread.

If this thread veers off in this direction any further, we'll just move it to the OT Forum.

Some of us aren't morons. But, yeah. Football is EVERYTHING down here. Seriously.

I was depressed by Trump winning the presidency but grief counseling should be used to get over the death of a loved one. I think you all know how upset I get over losses but good grief it's just a game get over it Alabama fans you are beyond spoiled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom