Frustrating crew... with hearts of Champions | Syracusefan.com

Frustrating crew... with hearts of Champions

Flacusian

All Conference
Well, midway through the game my wife and I were about to become completely unglued. When the V.Tech lead ballooned to 13 in the 2nd half and it appeared all was lost we both felt inexorably beaten.

But just when you are overcome with dejection... the team ignites a 2nd half comeback seemingly out of nowhere. I'd like to say you could just sense they were going to come back and win... but I'd be lying. After watching Gbinije's bricklaying routine it all seemed like it was in fact going to go down as a terribly disappointing home loss.

Then the Syracuse Orange pride emerged and snatched the victory against what seemed like overwhelming odds. Regardless of the hardship this team has encountered and the many struggles they grapple with they still have shown us that they have hearts of champions and are doing all they can to make us proud.

And I AM PROUD of this TEAM. Dog gone it they deserve our unwavering support until the final horn sounds at seasons end. They are scrappers and they showed us something tonight. They are a team that we should all be proud of. I know I am. This team will get a win against a ranked team before seasons end and they still have a shot to play in the tournament. They will not give up and I won't either.

LGO

678mj8.jpg

I agree totally - this team has got a lot of heart and they don't seem to have it in them to roll over and quit.
I'm tuning out all the negative crap that everyone keeps posting about this team.
Right now, I don't care if we make the NCAA tourney or not - I'm just enjoying this season one game at a time.

They play hard, especially Cooney. He was like the Tasmanian Devil in the first half, poking and poking at the ball, whirling around, running, falling down (did the T.D. fall down?). By the second half, I thought he was going to pass out on the floor. I will be interested to watch the replay and hear what the commentators said about him. I was certain we were going to lose, and then when we began to make a comeback, I could hardly wrap my mind around it.

The people who stayed had a thrill, let me tell you! Silent G first screwed us, then saved us. There were at least 3 passes that he overthrew, and terrible free throws but at the end, six points in a row! Goat, meet hero.

I'm glad I don't work until 1 tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom