FSU / Cuse

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Rankings
PPG - FSU 161, Cuse 27th
Reb - FSU 242, Cuse 209
A - FSU 70, Cuse 79
Points against - FSU 67.3 pts, Cuse 81.9 pts/game

FSU definitely isn’t as “big” as they have been in the past. But i fully expect them to double us up on the boards

Ugh oh. This might not be good for us. I don’t think we can handle that pressure. We need Edwards hot right front the jump.

Ugh oh. This might not be good for us. I don’t think we can handle that pressure. We need Edwards hot right front the jump.
Against us, on the ball pressure is the great equalizer.

Yes, you would think FSU would be a terrible matchup for us, but I am not seeing the same juice out of them as I have in previous years as they are lacking the high end talent they've had.

In the last two games they were blown out by Purdue and gave up 80 to a BU team that just scored 56 against a 2 win GW team. They also have a close call against a 2 win Tulane team.

FSU appears to turn the ball over a decent amount and you can always expect Hamilton to play his bench TOO much.

The team that wins Saturday likely wins the turnover battle.

2nd game of the new season after a thrilling and character building win in the ACC/B1G against a very high quality Hoosier team. Keep rollin the bones.

This game feels like a bit of a crossroads for this season. If we win, I think it's very possible that we get things back on track and regain our momentum. But if this looks like the Auburn game did and we get pushed around and lose by 15 before having to go play Nova... I don't know what to say, I think the writing is on the wall for this year.

This game feels like a bit of a crossroads for this season. If we win, I think it's very possible that we get things back on track and regain our momentum. But if this looks like the Auburn game did and we get pushed around and lose by 15 before having to go play Nova... I don't know what to say, I think the writing is on the wall for this year.
You've pretty much left every eventuality on the table with this post. What if we win and get blown out by Nova? Would it still be a crossroad then? Maybe we just go the rest of the season winning a game and losing the next?
It's impossible to know what games are/were turning points in the midst of a stretch of games. It's something that can only be assessed after a trend has developed.

You've pretty much left every eventuality on the table with this post. What if we win and get blown out by Nova? Would it still be a crossroad then? Maybe we just go the rest of the season winning a game and losing the next?
It's impossible to know what games are/were turning points in the midst of a stretch of games. It's something that can only be assessed after a trend has developed.
I acknowledge that anything is possible. It's just my gut feeling that this particular FSU game really needs to be a win in order for us not to be in too deep of a resume hole in early December, given how difficult the Nova game will be to win.

I acknowledge that anything is possible. It's just my gut feeling that this particular FSU game really needs to be a win in order for us not to be in too deep of a resume hole in early December, given how difficult the Nova game will be to win.
It’s a conference game. I feel like you’re posting like it’s OOC.

Rankings
PPG - FSU 161, Cuse 27th
Reb - FSU 242, Cuse 209
A - FSU 70, Cuse 79
Points against - FSU 67.3 pts, Cuse 81.9 pts/game
without any data to back it up, it seems like the 2 programs get similar levels of talent over the years. 3 and 4 stars with occasional studs sprinkled in, similar amount of players going on to the NBA. so the head to head match up result comes down to coaching, and their styles couldn't be any different. Both coaches have the reputation of just rolling the ball out and letting the players use their talents, Leonard doesn't have the post season success that JB does to hang his hat on, but has bullied some SU teams recently with stud guards. This looks like one of his lesser capable teams, so I am expecting a high scoring close game, and think JBs late game decisions will be the difference, which is what has fueled his tournament success when compared to Hamilton.

without any data to back it up, it seems like the 2 programs get similar levels of talent over the years. 3 and 4 stars with occasional studs sprinkled in, similar amount of players going on to the NBA. so the head to head match up result comes down to coaching, and their styles couldn't be any different. Both coaches have the reputation of just rolling the ball out and letting the players use their talents, Leonard doesn't have the post season success that JB does to hang his hat on, but has bullied some SU teams recently with stud guards. This looks like one of his lesser capable teams, so I am expecting a high scoring close game, and think JBs late game decisions will be the difference, which is what has fueled his tournament success when compared to Hamilton.
Well in the last 5 years, the talent has been real one sided and it's not in our favor. The data backs that up.

Well in the last 5 years, the talent has been real one sided and it's not in our favor. The data backs that up.
We did not play FSU last year. Before that we had lost 3 in a row. We did win 4 of the first 5 since joining the conference.

We did not play FSU last year. Before that we had lost 3 in a row. We did win 4 of the first 5 since joining the conference.
Forgot that game was canceled.

I am not even talking about wins and losses, just talent (as in NBA players) as it relates to the post about the players we've each had. The last 5 years, pretty 1-sided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom