FSU players were playing Hangman on sideline... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU players were playing Hangman on sideline...

I've gotta laugh at that one. May be a bit disrespectful to some, but it's a couple of kids having some fun in a major blowout. Big deal.

Back in my day on the Hill, Qadry Ismail once conducted the marching band in a rendition of the fight song...in uniform... during a game at Temple when we were leading by many touchdowns.

That was far more obnoxious.
I was there, didnt he get a little heat from coach Mac later ?

That was in the last days of the Vet when you kept rat poison around your seats for protection

That was in the last days of the Vet when you kept rat poison around your seats for protection

My Uncle lives in Philly, and he's an Iggs season ticket holder, so he got me tickets for that game direct from the Vet.

I had 50 yard line seats, about 10 rows up, on the Temple side of the field.

The usher stopped me, looked at my ticket, and said "you can sit down there if you really want to, but if you want to walk around to the other side and sit with all the Syracuse fans, it'll be OK with us".

SU fans must have outnumbered the Temple contingent at least 3-1 that day. :D

If they wanted to be disrespectful, they would have been playing on the field between plays.

Or even during plays.

Or they could have just kept their starters in the game and scored 84 easy. Maybe shot for 98 or 105.

I was there, didnt he get a little heat from coach Mac later ?

It was Coach P era, but yes, I recall some assistant coach giving him quite the animated talking to after his stirring rendition of 'Down The Field'.

It was Coach P era, but yes, I recall some assistant coach giving him quite the animated talking to after his stirring rendition of 'Down The Field'.
of course i was the Temple games at the vet like 4 times in a row ( 8 years ) inckuding the one we lost banging a extra point off the upright

of course i was the Temple games at the vet like 4 times in a row ( 8 years ) inckuding the one we lost banging a extra point off the upright

My condolences.

One trip to the Vet was enough for me. What a hellhole. I grew up going to games at Schaefer Stadium and the Vet made that look like a palace.

We earned the disrespect.

Disrespect to the sport. In betting Jimbo wouldn't allow it if he knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disrespect to the sport. In betting Jimbo wouldn't allow it if he knew.

They were not flaunting a thing...unlike our disrespect to execute the forward pass all year. (Rimshot)

No issue here, though I suspect you are right on Fisher.