Fun hypotheticals | Syracusefan.com

Fun hypotheticals

Cuse House

All American
Let's say we win the games we should win to finish ACC play. To me, that would mean a combination of two more losses between our road games and Louisville or Duke @home. If we finish ACC play 12-6 and win 1 or 2 games in the tourney, we are 100% in the field.

What would you project our tournament seed to be with a record of 22-12 and finishing in the top 4 of the ACC? I say a 6-7 seed. I think this is an interesting topic because I can't see a top 4 finisher in the ACC getting a low seed even with our terrible OCC.

Thoughts?

I say a 6-7 seed

I agree, if we finish as you project (hope).

Let's say we win the games we should win to finish ACC play. To me, that would mean a combination of two more losses between our road games and Louisville or Duke @home. If we finish ACC play 12-6 and win 1 or 2 games in the tourney, we are 100% in the field.

What would you project our tournament seed to be with a record of 22-12 and finishing in the top 4 of the ACC? I say a 6-7 seed. I think this is an interesting topic because I can't see a top 4 finisher in the ACC getting a low seed even with our terrible OCC.

Thoughts?

We are likely only going to be favoured in 3 of our last 7 games. I think it's a stretch to say we should win 5 games. Could we go 5-2? I suppose yes. But it would be as likely to go 2-5.

We have set ourselves up for a reasonable path to a tourney spot. Which is all we could hope for after our start. But there is still a lot of work to be done on the court. Finishing the season at 4-3 will definetely not be easy. Achievable and Reasonable? Yes, but not easy.

If we do get to 12-6, my quick guess is somewhere around 7

Did Jerry Palm really say that there is no way Syracuse will make the field? Really?

We are likely only going to be favoured in 3 of our last 7 games. I think it's a stretch to say we should win 5 games. Could we go 5-2? I suppose yes. But it would be as likely to go 2-5.

We have set ourselves up for a reasonable path to a tourney spot. Which is all we could hope for after our start. But there is still a lot of work to be done on the court. Finishing the season at 4-3 will definetely not be easy. Achievable and Reasonable? Yes, but not easy.

If we do get to 12-6, my quick guess is somewhere around 7
Idk, I don't put much stock in the odds. We haven't been favored in our last 4. I just know how we are playing.

Beating Louisville twice even with us playing our best will be a tough task, imo. They are just wearing teams out and obliterating them. I think we split with GTech, and win the rest of the games...Duke, Pitt, Clemson. We'll get to 11-7. That would probably put us in the 'Last 4 in' area before the ACC Tourney. If we flame out in the ACCT first day again then it could be a disappointing verdict come Selection Sunday. Getting blown out by StJ and BC is still very damaging.

In response to the original question - if we go 12-6 in conference play, and win 1 or 2 in ACCT, we are seeded above 6.

I would be thrilled with 12-6, but that will be tough. Hope I'm wrong when I feel 11-7 is our ceiling.

It's impossible to predict the outcomes of the upcoming games but a couple things seem to have established themselves thusfar this season. One is that getting wins on the road is an extremely difficult feat and we have also shown a Jekyl / Hyde type of defensive effort when playing home/away.

That having been said, the team has recently shown that they have made a significant jump both offensively and defensively and we currently find ourselves in a position that frankly, most people here would have bet against only 3 weeks ago. I think they have given us sufficient evidence that they actually do have the ability to beat anyone. While they have also shown us that they can be beaten by anyone, the recent trend has been sharply upward and although there can't be much certainty as to how the remaining schedule will play out with respect to wins/ losses, we've been provided with ample hope to be quite optimistic. For that we should all be grateful, I know I certainly am.

Beating Louisville twice even with us playing our best will be a tough task, imo. They are just wearing teams out and obliterating them. I think we split with GTech, and win the rest of the games...Duke, Pitt, Clemson. We'll get to 11-7. That would probably put us in the 'Last 4 in' area before the ACC Tourney. If we flame out in the ACCT first day again then it could be a disappointing verdict come Selection Sunday. Getting blown out by StJ and BC is still very damaging.
I feel very confident that 11-7 gets us in. That would mean we likely win one of the Louisville or Duke. With 3 top 15 wins and finishing in the upper half of the conference, I can't see us being left out. Especially if the ACC gets 9+ bids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom