Fun Idea for your group of friends come March Madness | Syracusefan.com

Fun Idea for your group of friends come March Madness

Alsacs

Living Legend
Last year a group of friends and I started a new tradition for NCAA Tournament. We did an auction draft of the 68(really 64) teams the Tuesday before the Tournament. It was 8 people and we had a budget of 200 dollars and put a pot of money together where the person who drafted the National Champion won something and the person who drafted the teams with the most total wins won something.

So since its early now I thought I would share this idea so people on this board if they wanted to could steal this brilliant idea now and set up auction drafts for the NCAA tournament. Last year, I won half of my league by drafting Louisville, and Marsh helped give me some sleepers. I didn't win the most wins, but this game is fun and if you have a group of people you do Fantasy Baseball/Football with year round its a fun game.

Last year a group of friends and I started a new tradition for NCAA Tournament. We did an auction draft of the 68(really 64) teams the Tuesday before the Tournament. It was 8 people and we had a budget of 200 dollars and put a pot of money together where the person who drafted the National Champion won something and the person who drafted the teams with the most total wins won something.

So since its early now I thought I would share this idea so people on this board if they wanted to could steal this brilliant idea now and set up auction drafts for the NCAA tournament. Last year, I won half of my league by drafting Louisville, and Marsh helped give me some sleepers. I didn't win the most wins, but this game is fun and if you have a group of people you do Fantasy Baseball/Football with year round its a fun game.

Hell we have been doing this for 15 years. Its the best pool that I am in. We have 10 guys and we get 6 teams each. Each round one of your teams advance you get money. WE also have upset bonuses for the highest seeds to win in each of the first few rounds and a few other trinkets mixed in. Its a blast.

Along the same lines, for 25+ years the same group of guys and I have held a draft of players, not teams. Each team consists of 6 players, draft order reverses each round (i.e., the last choice in Round 1 gets the first choice in Round 2 and then reverse order back to 1, etc.). All we track are points scored by each player. Need to be careful of picking players who could meet early in the tourney, etc. Tons of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom