Funny, cool end to the weekend... | Syracusefan.com

Funny, cool end to the weekend...

cto

Administrator
Currently on an Amtrak train returning to CT. My random seat mate is Father Scott Pilarz. -- the president of Marquette! Really nice guy, and hugely knowledgable fan. (He's wearing a sport shirt and khakis -- nothing priestly -- and is heading to NJ to spend Easter with his family).

At one point he said he was surprised he had not seen Nancy Cantor yesterday, and he asked whether she had been at the game. I told Father Scott that she was sitting in President Obama's suite. At that point we had the same reaction: why was not Father Scott there also? Not surprisingly, Father Scott immediately sent a text to his chief of staff!

Funny sidelight about Nancy being in the President's suite: Nancy's husband Steve was sitting in front of me at game. I asked him whether Nancy was there. He said she was, but was sitting with President Obama. I then asked Steve why he was not there. His response: "I didn't make the cut; they would not let me into the suite."

You should've followed up the awkward silence with 'the POTUS doesn't sit with mid-major presidents'...

Fr. Pilarz was President of the University of Scranton when I attended. He was infamous for his support for athletics, but especially basketball. He was often seen hoisted up on the shoulders of students leading chants with the student section!

At one point he said he was surprised he had not seen Nancy Cantor yesterday, and he asked whether she had been at the game. I told Father Scott that she was sitting in President Obama's suite. At that point we had the same reaction: why was not Father Scott there also? Not surprisingly, Father Scott immediately sent a text to his chief of staff!

So, it's true! Obama supports the Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom