Funny reading all of the websites/pundits | Syracusefan.com

Funny reading all of the websites/pundits

Marsh01

Living Legend
It is amazing the discrepancies of how peopl think we will do.

Jeff Goodman @ CBS thinks we have an easy draw and should get to a FF
Fox Sports thinks we will get beat in the first round
ESPN has mixed reviews...some say we have an easier draw and some think we will get icked off early
Luke Winn of SI thinks we get picked off early but Seth Davis has us going to the FF

Its interesting to read peoples take on our draw/what our success will be.

Bottom line is lace em up and play!

It would be great to see the brackets of how these ostensible experts in the sports media pick every year. Fact of the matter is, they fare as poorly as many do with their office pool picks.

Not one thing that any of them has to say will have an impact on what takes place between the lines.

Just win.

It would be great to see the brackets of how these ostensible experts in the sports media pick every year. Fact of the matter is, they fare as poorly as many do with their office pool picks.

Not one thing that any of them has to say will have an impact on what takes place between the lines.

Just win.

For amusment I'm going to play all of Gotliebs picks in my office pool.

never seen a tournament as debated as this one. Can't wait to be in NOLA!

ESPN has mixed reviews...some say we have an easier draw and some think we will get icked off early
Luke Winn of SI thinks we get picked off early but Seth Davis has us going to the FF

It's like life. There are real intelligent folks, that are dedicated to their craft, and offer real insight (this is why Syr can win it all, or why they are vulnerable vs 8/9, or 4/5, et). Others that don't know what they're talking about but like to pretend they do (Syr lost to Richmond 20 years ago, so they're vulnerable). Many are well-intentioned but mold data to fit their bias, some just for ratings, etc.

I tend not to care much about what anyone says, except for a few that I've found back up their opinions with research, have a proven track record, etc. Bilas being one of the few.

Last, the most important thing is not Vandy, or Wisc, or KSU, etc, it's that JB said the team has had their best two practices in a long time. He would not say that if not true, he'd being more generic in statements. That's all I needed to hear to know they will give their best and we go from there.

This week and beyond is a lot more fun when you don't worry about what a former college pg that works in Conn says, vs. our head coach that knows the pulse of our team.

This morning on WFAN John Rothstein (CBS cable Inside College Basketball) picked SU to win it all. Fran Fraschilla picked Cuse all the way too. Tim Welsh (SNY) picked SU to FF but losing to UK.

I have no problem when CBB guys like Goodman, Gottlieb, and Winn talk about and make their picks.

I do have a problem when nerds that have watched 2 CBB games all year like Cowherd or Francessa chime in like they are experts.

I have no problem when CBB guys like Goodman, Gottlieb, and Winn talk about and make their picks.

I do have a problem when nerds that have watched 2 CBB games all year like Cowherd or Francessa chime in like they are experts.
Or Steve Phillips

Cowherd is open and public about his dislike for CBB. Poor quality due to early defections, etc. He's more of a football guy anyway. Don't think he takes as strong a stand on CBB as others.

44cuse