Funny story (least I think so) | Syracusefan.com

Funny story (least I think so)

Knicks411

Living Legend
I was visiting some friends in Maryland this week and on Saturday we went golfing. Before we teed off we were killing some time in the pro shop and my buddy who plays regularly at the course mentioned to me that the guy we were talking with (who worked for the club) used to ref college basketball games. So I was talking to him for a few minutes, and he mentioned that he was working the Final Four game in 2003 when we played Texas. First thing that came to my mind from that game was Warrick teabagging Ivey. So I brought the play up, and mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of the rule where you can get a charge like Warrick did but could still get a bucket. When we were talking about the play, the guy was convinced it was Carmelo who threw it down instead of Warrick. (He was also the ref on the play who made the charge call). I finally had to pull up the picture on my phone of Warrick dunking before he believed me. Thought it was pretty funny he thought it was Melo, and he was the guy who made the call!

I was visiting some friends in Maryland this week and on Saturday we went golfing. Before we teed off we were killing some time in the pro shop and my buddy who plays regularly at the course mentioned to me that the guy we were talking with (who worked for the club) used to ref college basketball games. So I was talking to him for a few minutes, and he mentioned that he was working the Final Four game in 2003 when we played Texas. First thing that came to my mind from that game was Warrick teabagging Ivey. So I brought the play up, and mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of the rule where you can get a charge like Warrick did but could still get a bucket. When we were talking about the play, the guy was convinced it was Carmelo who threw it down instead of Warrick. (He was also the ref on the play who made the charge call). I finally had to pull up the picture on my phone of Warrick dunking before he believed me. Thought it was pretty funny he thought it was Melo, and he was the guy who made the call!
You can't blame him, he was probably drunk.

Here is the box score. The refs were Libbey, Gray and Rose. Never heard of any of them.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores103/103095/20030405NCAABTEXAS-----0.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom