Future Orangewoman Isabella Slim & Coach Q Faced the USA | Syracusefan.com

Future Orangewoman Isabella Slim & Coach Q Faced the USA

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
13124635-large.jpg

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2013/07/breanna_stewart_and_team_usa_t.html#incart_river

I hadn't heard about her in like forever. I assumed she just left town.

Rough game shooting 0-13, but she's got the right colors on! Still, 4 rebounds and a couple of dishes in a 59 point loss.
Looks like they put some pressure on her knowing she was one of the scoring threats from the Netherlands.

I hadn't heard about her in like forever. I assumed she just left town.
She hasn't even arrived yet.
She's an incoming freshman.

Getting to know Isabella...

Here is an interview with Isabella conducted in Dutch (I believe) from 2011. Sounds like she is a Wade fan. Perhaps a certain multi-lingual poster could translate?

And here is a link to an interview, this time in English, with her and a teammate conducted after The Netherlands hosted the U17 FIBA championships last year and finished 8th. She should have no problems with English during her time on Piety Hill.

Here is an interview with Isabella conducted in Dutch (I believe) from 2011. Sounds like she is a Wade fan. Perhaps a certain multi-lingual poster could translate?
The most interesting thing from the interview is that she mentioned that both of her parents played basketball so that she grew up playing the game.

She repeatedly indicated that she wants to be the best that she can be. When asked who she looked up to she mentioned Wade & Jordan (and two women's players whose names I didn't catch) because they were "the best of their generation". I gather this was before LeBron started winning at South Beach. :)

She also talked about her high school, which is one which has class schedules that accommodate athletics. Keep in mind that most sports teams outside of the US & Canada are club-based. Schools don't have their own teams. Her class schedule allows her to do weight training in the morning and work on basketball in the afternoon. She mentioned that she spends at least 20 hours a week in the gym, closer to 30 when the national team has a camp.

The interview was conducted when she was 16. She indicated that she had another 2 years of high school left but would then like to go abroad. The interview asked about the US, but she was a bit more generic.

Hopefully she'll get some playing time for the Orange.

The most interesting thing from the interview is that she mentioned that both of her parents played basketball so that she grew up playing the game.

She repeatedly indicated that she wants to be the best that she can be. When asked who she looked up to she mentioned Wade & Jordan (and two women's players whose names I didn't catch) because they were "the best of their generation". I gather this was before LeBron started winning at South Beach. :)

She also talked about her high school, which is one which has class schedules that accommodate athletics. Keep in mind that most sports teams outside of the US & Canada are club-based. Schools don't have their own teams. Her class schedule allows her to do weight training in the morning and work on basketball in the afternoon. She mentioned that she spends at least 20 hours a week in the gym, closer to 30 when the national team has a camp.

The interview was conducted when she was 16. She indicated that she had another 2 years of high school left but would then like to go abroad. The interview asked about the US, but she was a bit more generic.

Hopefully she'll get some playing time for the Orange.

Thanks Moontan. I think attendance will be tending up as the women's team gets better and better...

How embarrassing for them, they spelled Netherlands wrong on the uniforms.