fwiw Lunardi still has as "in" | Syracusefan.com

fwiw Lunardi still has as "in"

I think this team has more upside to get better than Vill does, they are maxed out, we are far from it

I think this team has more upside to get better than Vill does, they are maxed out, we are far from it

I agree and its funny as good as Nova is who on their team would you want over any of our guys? Sure once you get past our top6 but Nova is heralded for its guards and I wouldn't trade one of them for Joseph or Cooney at this point. Granted I'd take Ennis, Hart, Hilliard as a 3rd guard that would really help us a lot and Oshefo as a backup to Rakeem. Even Pinkston is a bad fit for our system and I'd take Chris, Tyler and Mike over him all day.

Villanova is never winning a title with that sh:t system unless they get lucky...and they cashed all their chips in 1985.

Villanova is never winning a title with that sh:t system unless they get lucky...and they cashed all their chips in 1985.

They would basically need 4 consecutive games called the way Saturday's was plus some luck to make it happen.

I actually don't mind their system. They did make a Final 4 run, and at least 1 other elite 8 run that I can remember. That team that had Lowery, Foye, and Reynolds was fun. They key is they need to have a big that can defend, and give them some buckets in the paint. Offensively it is far more fun to watch then what we do. Small ball is the new trend, it's even starting to dominate the NBA.

As far as making the NCAAT that loss is going to make it very hard. We are really going to have to put together a strong showing in the ACC because right now we have basically nothing other then an OK at best win over Iowa. We don't have a bad loss, but you have to beat someone other then La Tech. We are going to have a very fine margin of error once ACC play starts, and we better not blow any games we are supposed to win. Personally i'd be surprised if we make it. I just don't think this team is that good. I felt we played the best we could play Saturday, especially from a shooting standpoint, while Nova played average, and they still won.

I actually don't mind their system. They did make a Final 4 run, and at least 1 other elite 8 run that I can remember. That team that had Lowery, Foye, and Reynolds was fun. They key is they need to have a big that can defend, and give them some buckets in the paint. Offensively it is far more fun to watch then what we do. Small ball is the new trend, it's even starting to dominate the NBA.

As far as making the NCAAT that loss is going to make it very hard. We are really going to have to put together a strong showing in the ACC because right now we have basically nothing other then an OK at best win over Iowa. We don't have a bad loss, but you have to beat someone other then La Tech. We are going to have a very fine margin of error once ACC play starts, and we better not blow any games we are supposed to win. Personally i'd be surprised if we make it. I just don't think this team is that good. I felt we played the best we could play Saturday, especially from a shooting standpoint, while Nova played average, and they still won.

No room for logic. I'm still bitter.

The bad we weren't getting good looks at all against a real tough defensive threat in the second half. I would just continue to highlight that as something we need to work on. We get those looks the second half we beat villinova no doubt.

You think their offense is exciting? I thought our offensive exectution on Saturday was better to watch than theirs, unless you like the throw your body at the defender style they run. This isn't the Golden State Warrior system they are running. Theres no ball movement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom