Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Richmond is not the shooter Girard is so we can stop right there. Seems like JB is finally sacrificing some D for O. I think he ends up playing as much as Goodine did this year tbh.
And joe isn’t the playmaker, slasher that richmond is. Richmond is the natural pg.

The one issue with Richmond is where does he play? He not a 2 or a 3. He’s a PG. And he’s not playing over Girard. And you can’t play him alongside Newton in the front court because Newton isn’t a PF (note: he’s not a rebounder). They’ll need, however, to find a role for Richmond.

Richmond could easily play similar to how Edelin and Gerry played together. Two guards who are both effective on the ball but also can play without it would work just fine. Buddy actually could get a rest. Big thing will be his game translating quickly and seeing who makes a big leap over the summer and who packs their bags. Lots to work out before he even steps on campus.

It’ll def be good competition for goodine and Washington also. Will be good For all our guards to push each other in practice and know that people are breathing down their necks at a chance for PT.

I love when people know what kids are gonna play like and do when they get here lol. I dont care how Good Girard can shoot if Kadary is contributing more on the court overall.who cares right now anyways I just want the best players on the court could careless who it may be.

I love when people know what kids are gonna play like and do when they get here lol. I dont care how Good Girard can shoot if Kadary is contributing more on the court overall.who cares right now anyways I just want the best players on the court could careless who it may be.

yeah it’s weird how we like to talk about basketball and Syracuse here

yeah it’s weird how we like to talk about basketball and Syracuse here
Yeah it’s weird when people talk about players having no clue what they’re talking about I agree!

I would love to see Joe go off the ball for 5-10 minutes a game so that he can just find looks, and not have to worry about everyone else.

I would love to see Joe go off the ball for 5-10 minutes a game so that he can just find looks, and not have to worry about everyone else.
Couldn't agree more. Throughout his EYBL career, he showed the ability to properly utilize/maximize off-ball screens to get open looks. He understands the timing & precision of screens & how to run a defender into a screen so that they can't get under it & the screener can remain stationary & not foul. Let him sprint around & shot-seek like Cooney & Gerry when he had Edelin, Joe's got the physicality & stamina.

Edit: Rautins was also adept at this. There, now I've covered all required Caucasion-shooter Girard comparisons. The quota has been met :)

Couldn't agree more. Throughout his EYBL career, he showed the ability to properly utilize/maximize off-ball screens to get open looks. He understands the timing & precision of screens & how to run a defender into a screen so that they can't get under it & the screener can remain stationary & not foul. Let him sprint around & shot-seek like Cooney & Gerry when he had Edelin, Joe's got the physicality & stamina.

Edit: Rautins was also adept at this. There, now I've covered all required Caucasion-shooter Girard comparisons. The quota has been met :)
I really don’t think Girard is suited to be the lead guard. Ideally, he’d be better off and more successful as a scorer as a 2 guard. But that’s not happening with Buddy is his role.

I really don’t think Girard is suited to be the lead guard. Ideally, he’d be better off and more successful as a scorer as a 2 guard. But that’s not happening with Buddy is his role.
Plus, he is the best lead guard on the roster. Howard is a better pass first PG, but is not a threat to score at all.
I think Joe is having an all time freshman PG year at SU, especially given the team around him (as in no great players and no depth).

Plus, he is the best lead guard on the roster. Howard is a better pass first PG, but is not a threat to score at all.
I think Joe is having an all time freshman PG year at SU, especially given the team around him (as in no great players and no depth).

He’s the lead guard by default. He’s done an admirable job after being thrown into the role. Just think he’d better off catching and shooting off screens than trying to create himself.

He’s the lead guard by default. He’s done an admirable job after being thrown into the role. Just think he’d better off catching and shooting off screens than trying to create himself.
I think the stats would bare that out. When Hughes drives and kicks to JG3 for 3 he is probably 10% higher on makes.

Actually, he was recruited as a lead guard. Joe stated last year that SU wanted to see him play PG before they offered him.

And somehow with him as the lead guard this is the best offense we have had in 8 years.

And somehow with him as the lead guard this is the best offense we have had in 8 years.
To be fair the offense has been pretty brutal the last 8 years - with the exception of the JG and AWIII season,

I'm impressed with JG3 on ball, he didn't give up anything to Tre Jones and beat him off the dribble more than once. I think the defense would be fine with him or Buddy up top, but not at the same time, but if I were a guard prospect, I wouldn't expect many available minutes at the 1 or 2 until 2022.

To be fair the offense has been pretty brutal the last 8 years - with the exception of the JG and AWIII season,

I'm impressed with JG3 on ball, he didn't give up anything to Tre Jones and beat him off the dribble more than once. I think the defense would be fine with him or Buddy up top, but not at the same time, but if I were a guard prospect, I wouldn't expect many available minutes at the 1 or 2 until 2022.

He's accorded himself well for a freshman. In two years, he'll be the one "bullying" other teams, IMO.

Agreed, but hard to argue it isn't good this year. KP has us ranked 16th. It's the other end of the court that is killing us.

Agreed, but hard to argue it isn't good this year. KP has us ranked 16th. It's the other end of the court that is killing us.
Foul trouble has killed us all year too(and I don’t mean that as a the refs are bad thing cus we already know that).

I could really see us running a lineup with Kadary, Buddy and JG3...Kadary ball handling with the shooters trying to break free and Kadary playing the back line like Hughes is right now.
Is anyone other than Buddy going to be allowed to play the 2 the next two years. Its so weird.

Actually that usually goes the other way on here. People want to cast aside the current starters for the next guy who they just KNOW is going to be the next big thing.