Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

He’s the lead guard by default. He’s done an admirable job after being thrown into the role. Just think he’d better off catching and shooting off screens than trying to create himself.

As a shooter, maybe. But he’s done a solid job as PG. Solid A/TO ratio, good ball handler who can handle pressure and get where he wants to go.

Actually that usually goes the other way on here. People want to cast aside the current starters for the next guy who they just KNOW is going to be the next big thing.

yeah people did this with Carey and then Goodine...short memories.

As a shooter, maybe. But he’s done a solid job as PG. Solid A/TO ratio, good ball handler who can handle pressure and get where he wants to go.

I don’t mean to be overly critical. Girard has a done an admirable job, but he hasn’t shot particularly well and can’t get off a shot near the basket. I’m hopeful he will adjust.

I don’t mean to be overly critical. Girard has a done an admirable job, but he hasn’t shot particularly well and can’t get off a shot near the basket. I’m hopeful he will adjust.

35% from 3 in conference play is more than fine for a freshman. His overall numbers are much different from a lot of freshmen starters we have had.

35% from 3 in conference play is more than fine for a freshman. His overall numbers are much different from a lot of freshmen starters we have had.
He's a better shooter and player now than Cooney was his entire four years.

My hope is that JGIII improves, and doesn't just stay the same like some 4-year freshman guards with a good feel for the game. Triche, G-Mac, Cooney(maybe), etc.

My hope is that JGIII improves, and doesn't just stay the same like some 4-year freshman guards with a good feel for the game. Triche, G-Mac, Cooney(maybe), etc.

Girard can only hope to be as good as GMac was during his career.

Their freshman year numbers are very similar and one played with Melo.

One played on a national championship team with Melo, Warrick, Edelin and others. Not as many balls to pass around.

Better shooter and player than Trevor Cooney? Come on, I know some people on this board hated the guy but if Girard was on the team Cooney played on he wouldn't have seen the floor.

One played on a national championship team with Melo, Warrick, Edelin and others. Not as many balls to pass around.

I'm saying with our current supporting cast Girard is just as efficient as GMAC was.

Better shooter and player than Trevor Cooney? Come on, I know some people on this board hated the guy but if Girard was on the team Cooney played on he wouldn't have seen the floor.
based on your eye test or the numbers?

Does anyone have any idea how Richmond has done this season?

Richmond's profile looks and sounds similar to Josh Pace except with a serviceable jump shot
Josh just never developed that but had the funky left handed floater that often worked, liked him as a player

based on your eye test or the numbers?

Offensively, TC didn't get to play much as a true freshman but outside of his junior year he was a better shooter. He also got to the rim a ton better.

Defensively, it isn't even close.

Offensively, TC didn't get to play much as a true freshman but outside of his junior year he was a better shooter. He also got to the rim a ton better.

Defensively, it isn't even close.

TC was a RS frosh and a good 3 inches taller than Joe but could agree here.

Go here and tell me how Cooney is a much better shooter than JGIII - use numbers, it should easy.

Maybe you watched Trevor Cooney's brother Terry - the one who could play? Just by PER JGIII is better (17 to 13 where 15 is average). Girard is shooting 35% from 3 in conference - something Cooney never came close to (peak 32.8 and 29.7% average) taking a remarkably similar number of attempts. JGIII is a better FT shooter and similar at 2s (42.3% to 41.1%) when Cooney's rim drives were legendarily bad. D-rating has JGIII as 102.7 (where 100 is average) compared to Coon-dog's 100.9 average. Joe has more assists, a better A:TO ratio, the same steal%. Even TS% is in JGIII's favor outside of one magical season (13-14) where Cooney lit up a string non-con teams at 51% from three, but then settled down to right around 30% where he usually lived.

ETA: I'm done here - Kadary Richmond, folks.

Richmond's profile looks and sounds similar to Josh Pace except with a serviceable jump shot
Josh just never developed that but had the funky left handed floater that often worked, liked him as a player

Totally different players.

Go here and tell me how Cooney is a much better shooter than JGIII - use numbers, it should easy.

Maybe you watched Trevor Cooney's brother Terry - the one who could play? Just by PER JGIII is better (17 to 13 where 15 is average). Girard is shooting 35% from 3 in conference - something Cooney never came close to (peak 32.8 and 29.7% average) taking a remarkably similar number of attempts. JGIII is a better FT shooter and similar at 2s (42.3% to 41.1%) when Cooney's rim drives were legendarily bad. D-rating has JGIII as 102.7 (where 100 is average) compared to Coon-dog's 100.9 average. Joe has more assists, a better A:TO ratio, the same steal%. Even TS% is in JGIII's favor outside of one magical season (13-14) where Cooney lit up a string non-con teams at 51% from three, but then settled down to right around 30% where he usually lived.

ETA: I'm done here - Kadary Richmond, folks.
One of them was the only 3 point threat, on has 2 other good shooters.
One went to 2 FF, the other likely won't get there.

Both 6'5 and skinny. Both are not natural pgs, Why don't you explain how they are so different then, lol

Curious.This isn’t a dig. Have you seen Richmond play? I saw him a few months ago. He’s not skinny. He already has a college build. And he’s a PG more than anything. He has a terrific handle and can get into the lane and score. His outside shot is average at best.

Curious.This isn’t a dig. Have you seen Richmond play? I saw him a few months ago. He’s not skinny. He already has a college build. And he’s a PG more than anything. He has a terrific handle and can get into the lane and score. His outside shot is average at best.
No, just videos posted here and youtube, etc so not in person. 6'5 175 is skinny that's no Dion Waiters who was 6'4 215 and not skinny, lol. I will take your word for it, I just thought he had a bit of a high dribble, didn't look natural to me compared to say a Tremont Waters. I guess its personal preference. How does he compare to Goodine? more advanced or no?

And that sounds similar to Pace's game. get in the lane and score, jumpers were very rare from him if I recall