Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

My connect in NY (coached him in AAU). He reiterated to me that he just hopes he qualifies. I told him that Brewster doesnt f around with that and JB is usually on it too but he reminded me of it again. I know it was a major issue before Brewster when he was in NY but I’m hoping it’s all cleared up

My connect in NY (coached him in AAU). He reiterated to me that he just hopes he qualifies. I told him that Brewster doesnt f around with that and JB is usually on it too but he reminded me of it again. I know it was a major issue before Brewster when he was in NY but I’m hoping it’s all cleared up

Coaching staff must be confident he qualifies because there’s zero public offers out to transfer guards and really zero discussion about mystery uncommitted seniors. All is quiet on that front. Really hope he makes it here. The kid seems different..in a good way

That would suck

Wonder if kids are thinking with some colleges starting to talk about doing online classes only for awhile that sports will be shut down...maybe they feel pro route will get started up sooner or at least give them a opportunity to train/play and make a few dollars because of this virus mess and uncertainty. Wonder if you'll see more kids doing it now. Todd decommited from Michigan now Suggs possibly and Clarke.

Plus shoe deals now too right? Thought I read something tonight they could make upwards of 250k?
The G-league's business model is in direct competition with college basketball. It is owned by the NBA they are not trying to take market share from themselves...

stay away from kadary!
Screenshot_20200415-003930_Instagram.jpg

with the economic turn down many kids may need to take the money to help their families
True. Also, I wonder if some of the dirty college money has dried up. Maybe some of the “agents,” handlers and others who leech onto some HS/prep stars are afraid of FBI wiretaps. They don’t have to worry about the Feds if they get shoe money for steering a kid to the G League.

I’m thinking of the “strong ass offer” that coach Will Wade allegedly arranged to steer a recruit to LSU and away from the G League (“‘We can compensate him better. We'll give him more than the (NBA) G League,’ Wade says.”) See: Opinion: Wade sounds sinister in The Scheme; Woodward comment not exactly an endorsement

If this is happening already, imagine two years from now. Will be very interesting if Dior steps foot on campus

If this is happening already, imagine two years from now. Will be very interesting if Dior steps foot on campus

Yeah, it will eventually be the new model and the new model of college basketball recruiting will likely look more like free agency (as it already sort of does, but I bet it will get even more fluid going forward).

The interesting thing is that it could actually eventually help stabilize the situation in general. I would imagine the money these teams will start to offer will increase and so for the top tier of kids, it'll be hard to argue against jumping at that money and hoping to move onto the NBA.

The next tier have a decision to make in terms of opportunity, future earnings, etc. The 'rest' will become the new top 100, so to speak, and colleges may have a better chance to keep them around for a bit.

Will be interesting to watch.

Both pretty easily. Sophomore MCW didn't get like pushed to the ground or ragdolled or anything, but it was very common for him to get bumped and lose his handle as a result. That shouldn't ever be an issue for Kadary; he absorbs contact a lot easier than MCW did.

Seen a bunch of comps to MCW and I'm not sure people are really suggesting he's the next MCW but at least form what I've seen I don't see much of a comp outside of size and even that, as you point out, is a little different b/c Kadary is stronger. But, merely for the record, MCW was an outstanding defender who constantly disrupted opponents at the top of the zone. He was also an exceptional passer. Don't see Kadary being anywhere close in those areas (again, not entirely sure what the origin of the comp was so I'm not accusing anyone, just pointing out something I think people often forget about MCW).

Seen a bunch of comps to MCW and I'm not sure people are really suggesting he's the next MCW but at least form what I've seen I don't see much of a comp outside of size and even that, as you point out, is a little different b/c Kadary is stronger. But, merely for the record, MCW was an outstanding defender who constantly disrupted opponents at the top of the zone. He was also an exceptional passer. Don't see Kadary being anywhere close in those areas (again, not entirely sure what the origin of the comp was so I'm not accusing anyone, just pointing out something I think people often forget about MCW).

Yeah I don’t think they’re really similar as players aside from being tall lead ball handlers that don’t shoot the ball very well. Kadary is a far better ball handler, far stronger, and probably better finisher around the rim (and hopefully better shooter).

Kadary has some good passing vision but MCW was exceptional in that regard and was the best defender at the top of the zone that I’ve personally ever seen. Kadary has good hands defensively but I don’t expect him to be the terror that MCW was.

I see him way more like a Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. If he turns out anything even close to him then we struck gold. Not saying he will...just that his game and skillset reminds me of him when he came out of highschool.

True. Also, I wonder if some of the dirty college money has dried up. Maybe some of the “agents,” handlers and others who leech onto some HS/prep stars are afraid of FBI wiretaps. They don’t have to worry about the Feds if they get shoe money for steering a kid to the G League.

I’m thinking of the “strong ass offer” that coach Will Wade allegedly arranged to steer a recruit to LSU and away from the G League (“‘We can compensate him better. We'll give him more than the (NBA) G League,’ Wade says.”) See: Opinion: Wade sounds sinister in The Scheme; Woodward comment not exactly an endorsement
You mean pay pal Cal's money tree is drying up. My heart aches.

Finished watching Kadary's last game. I don't think anything from this game would change my scouting report on him, but man did he fill the box score. By my count, he finished with:

27 points
8 rebounds
5 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 foul

9/10 shooting inside the arc
2/5 3 point shooting
3/6 free throw shooting

Across all the games that I saw, that leaves us with an average of:
18 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 1.8 turnovers per game.

22/35 at the rim (62.9%)
3/9 from mid-range (33.3%)
5/16 from 3 point range (31.3%)
7/14 from FT line (50%)

He's not a disaster as a shooter, but as I've mentioned in previous posts, he definitely makes things harder for himself than it needs to be. There's a ton that can be cleaned up with his shooting mechanics, both in terms of his jumpers as well as his free throws. I'd say the shooting results considering all the wrong stuff that he does is actually kind of promising. It seems like he might at least have decent touch if Gerry can work with him on the rest of it.

The other areas for concern that I would note are:
  1. Pretty much all of the commentators noted that he's talented when he tries but just doesn't show up consistently. That wasn't really an issue in the games I saw, but I only saw 4 of his 35ish games so maybe I just got lucky.
  2. He can definitely elevate when he wants to; he's able to dunk from a standing position and he gets up high when he comes flying in for rebounds occasionally. I don't know if he just doesn't try to jump high consistently or if he needs a runway to get going or something, but most of his shots around the rim are of the under-the-rim variety and he got blocked both at the rim and on his jumpshots pretty often.
Other than that though, really promising recruit that we got here. Good ball handler with a great crossover and spin move, has a knack for being able to rock his man side to side and explode once he gets him leaning too far one way. Good passing vision, not exceptional but pretty good. Great hands defensively; he pokes the ball loose/deflects the ball at least a few times per game. Great physical strength; between his ball-handling and his strength, he could end up being a serious mismatch against college athletes, overpowering smaller guards and taking bigger wings/forwards off the dribble.

If we surround him with good shooting (which we appear to have), he looks to me like he should be a great offensive player with potential to be very good defensively too.

Aside from Darius Bazley :mad:, this is the most excited I've been about a recruit that we landed since Lydon or maybe MCW.

Also, not sure how to embed the video, but here's a link to a highlight package from his last 3 or 4 games, including 2 of the games I watched.