Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Finished watching Kadary's last game. I don't think anything from this game would change my scouting report on him, but man did he fill the box score. By my count, he finished with:

27 points
8 rebounds
5 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 foul

9/10 shooting inside the arc
2/5 3 point shooting
3/6 free throw shooting

Across all the games that I saw, that leaves us with an average of:
18 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 1.8 turnovers per game.

22/35 at the rim (62.9%)
3/9 from mid-range (33.3%)
5/16 from 3 point range (31.3%)
7/14 from FT line (50%)

He's not a disaster as a shooter, but as I've mentioned in previous posts, he definitely makes things harder for himself than it needs to be. There's a ton that can be cleaned up with his shooting mechanics, both in terms of his jumpers as well as his free throws. I'd say the shooting results considering all the wrong stuff that he does is actually kind of promising. It seems like he might at least have decent touch if Gerry can work with him on the rest of it.

The other areas for concern that I would note are:
  1. Pretty much all of the commentators noted that he's talented when he tries but just doesn't show up consistently. That wasn't really an issue in the games I saw, but I only saw 4 of his 35ish games so maybe I just got lucky.
  2. He can definitely elevate when he wants to; he's able to dunk from a standing position and he gets up high when he comes flying in for rebounds occasionally. I don't know if he just doesn't try to jump high consistently or if he needs a runway to get going or something, but most of his shots around the rim are of the under-the-rim variety and he got blocked both at the rim and on his jumpshots pretty often.
Other than that though, really promising recruit that we got here. Good ball handler with a great crossover and spin move, has a knack for being able to rock his man side to side and explode once he gets him leaning too far one way. Good passing vision, not exceptional but pretty good. Great hands defensively; he pokes the ball loose/deflects the ball at least a few times per game. Great physical strength; between his ball-handling and his strength, he could end up being a serious mismatch against college athletes, overpowering smaller guards and taking bigger wings/forwards off the dribble.

If we surround him with good shooting (which we appear to have), he looks to me like he should be a great offensive player with potential to be very good defensively too.

Aside from Darius Bazley :mad:, this is the most excited I've been about a recruit that we landed since Lydon or maybe MCW.

Also, not sure how to embed the video, but here's a link to a highlight package from his last 3 or 4 games, including 2 of the games I watched.
Thanks! Always look forward to your write ups.

Finished watching Kadary's last game. I don't think anything from this game would change my scouting report on him, but man did he fill the box score. By my count, he finished with:

27 points
8 rebounds
5 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 foul

2/5 3 point shooting
3/6 free throw shooting

22/35 at the rim (62.9%)
7/14 from FT line (50%)

He's not a disaster as a shooter, but as I've mentioned in previous posts, he definitely makes things harder for himself than it needs to be. There's a ton that can be cleaned up with his shooting mechanics, both in terms of his jumpers as well as his free throws. I'd say the shooting results considering all the wrong stuff that he does is actually kind of promising. It seems like he might at least have decent touch if Gerry can work with him on the rest of it.

1. Pretty much all of the commentators noted that he's talented when he tries but just doesn't show up consistently. That wasn't really an issue in the games I saw, but I only saw 4 of his 35ish games so maybe I just got lucky.
  2. He can definitely elevate when he wants to; he's able to dunk from a standing position and he gets up high when he comes flying in for rebounds occasionally. I don't know if he just doesn't try to jump high consistently or if he needs a runway to get going or something, but most of his shots around the rim are of the under-the-rim variety and he got blocked both at the rim and on his jumpshots pretty often.
Other than that though, really promising recruit that we got here. Good ball handler with a great crossover and spin move, has a knack for being able to rock his man side to side and explode once he gets him leaning too far one way. Good passing vision, not exceptional but pretty good. Great hands defensively; he pokes the ball loose/deflects the ball at least a few times per game. Great physical strength; between his ball-handling and his strength, he could end up being a serious mismatch against college athletes, overpowering smaller guards and taking bigger wings/forwards off the dribble.

If we surround him with good shooting (which we appear to have), he looks to me like he should be a great offensive player with potential to be very good defensively too.

Aside from Darius Bazley :mad:, this is the most excited I've been about a recruit that we landed since Lydon or maybe MCW.

Also, not sure how to embed the video, but here's a link to a highlight package from his last 3 or 4 games, including 2 of the games I watched.
I also enjoy your write-ups, and sorry your Bucks don't get a shot at the championship this year.

brought this up somewhere the other day and everyone shot it down lol. With the system all f’d up right now things are gonna change. Kadary will have a lot easier time of qualifying potentially. Also that note about reclassifying players could be big if we can find a ‘21 big to reclassify and fillthe hole.

brought this up somewhere the other day and everyone shot it down lol. With the system all f’d up right now things are gonna change. Kadary will have a lot easier time of qualifying potentially. Also that note about reclassifying players could be big if we can find a ‘21 big to reclassify and fillthe hole.
Good point. I gotta think you need at least a 2.3GPA to stay eligible at Brewster too

27 points
8 rebounds
5 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 foul

2/5 3 point shooting
3/6 free throw shooting

22/35 at the rim (62.9%)
7/14 from FT line (50%)

Thanks for all this great analysis! I was hugely bummed when Brycen Goodine exited at the end of the season. But I gotta believe that Kadary’s arrival factored into that decision. This kid is going to be very good for us and should have a Girard like impact as a freshman (even though he won’t get the same amount of playing time since we’ll have 3 guards able to contribute). He played his best ball in the biggest games for Brewster at the end of the season, which is very encouraging. He’ll be tested in the ACC and will have to fight and work hard to earn playing time, but I think he will succeed.

There is another problem that occurs with the current state of things in schools and GPA that districts have to look at. If a district goes to a pass/fail for the the second semester then by NCAA rules the grade attached to the pass would turn into the lowest possible grade to pass a class in the district. So a class that they might have 80s in that will turn into 65 or 70 depending on the state. Districts can state they are only taking the 1 semester and 3rd quarter for GPA but the Clearinghouse takes specific classes to determine their GPA.

So hopefully districts know how Clearinghouse works unless the NCAA also change this rule to. This could affect alot of kids being eligible. The district I teach at in Texas had to make the 4th quarter have actual grades because we have students that could affect their scholarships. Luckily, down here in Texas our passing grade is 70 but I know in NY its 65%. We are only dealing with 1 marking period. I know some districts are trying to deal with 3rd and 4th marking periods in NY. Just FYI!

No surprise here for our boy, Kadary...
T.Clarke was left off. That must have been an error on who edited (or didn't edit) this.

How could he drop two spots when he put on a completely dominate performance in his last last game verse a high quality team?
By all accounts, he had a great senior season playing for the best team in the country. From what I saw of Brewster, he was their best player.

I hope it motivates him for college ball.

How could he drop two spots when he put on a completely dominate performance in his last last game verse a high quality team?
I'm perfectly happy letting the "analysts" leg-hump Duhk/UK recruits ... while KR rolls up to the 'Cuse. 6'6, strong, patient in the half-court, moves through contact, sneaky jumper (mechanics will smooth out with college coaching), can elevate and finish at the rim with either hand, killer cross-over, good court vision. All day.

Last edited: