Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

The player he reminds me the most of is Autry.
Good comparison. Red wasn’t a prolific shooter but he could run the team, penetrate, and good passer to boot.
I think KR’s biggest attribute is that he’s physically strong enough to dominate smaller guards, and if he ever develops a dependable 10ft scoop shot, he’ll be lethal.

I need you or Jordy or someone to come up with a past SU-Kadary comparison. I see him mainly as a PG ... a guy that can bring the ball up, run the offense and penetrate (wicked cross-over) but isn't necessarily a slasher or volume scorer (Dion). If anything, he's very patient in the half-court and doesn't get sped-up (Tyler Ennis). He also has great size up top and can get to the rim and finish (Gbinije/MCW), and is strong enough to play through contact (Edelin/Lazz Sims).

Help me out here.

Honestly really difficult to think of a good SU comp for him because (1) my memory only goes back to the early 2000s, and (2) as you pointed out, he has elements of a lot of guys without being totally similar to any one guy.

Outside of SU, the first guy that came to mind for me (not sure yet if I love the comparison but as I said, he was the first guy that seemed like a decent fit) is Tyreke Evans.

I don't think there is a perfect comparison, but if I was forced to choose it would be Billy Edelin.

They both play at a slow pace, you are not going to get much of anything in transition with Richardson/Edelin at point.

But they are both tall, strong, great at scoring in the paint, and great passers.

Rewatched. His abilities breaking down his defender os so so impressive and natural looking. Could be a gamechanger in the half court sets.
He's going to need to keep his head up a bit more to look for shooters. I know its unlikely but imagine the floor spacing possibilities with a lineup of JG3, Buddy, Griffin, Kadary, and Sidibe or Anselem. Could be really interesting offensively.

He's going to need to keep his head up a bit more to look for shooters. I know its unlikely but imagine the floor spacing possibilities with a lineup of JG3, Buddy, Griffin, Kadary, and Sidibe or Anselem. Could be really interesting offensively.
He’s a natural he knows exactly what he’s doing. Mismatch galore as soon as he steps on the court..

I don't think there is a perfect comparison, but if I was forced to choose it would be Billy Edelin.

They both play at a slow pace, you are not going to get much of anything in transition with Richardson/Edelin at point.

But they are both tall, strong, great at scoring in the paint, and great passers.
He reminds me of Maliki

Old post but will share again. Kadary schooling kids at Brewster practice in the beginning of the year. Sometimes going at Terrence Clarke with no problem. Also his shot isnt broken like some thing and hes not awful from deep. Theres potential there but his game is his craftiness and ability to get to the basket and finish. Very skilled.

share again just because it's a fun one to watch. Kid is going to be a stud.

another old one to remind folks...he was schooling kids at Brewster. That team has some serious players on it and kadary in the half court could pretty much do whatever he wanted and could get to the basket at will.

He is a great compliment to what we have. If he were a great shooter, he would be top 20. He can hit outside shots. It just isn't great form. If the staff wants to improve the form, then he will probably get worse before he gets better from the outside. But, that's just a bonus, because he is strong and he can get wherever he wants on the court. And, he can finish. This is going to be a fun team to watch. We have a roster full of players. Each one unique. You can mix and match to match up against just about anyone.

Always good when they edit out the shooting form.

I thought the same thing lol. I do think he can shoot a little bit but as I mentioned in one of my older breakdowns of him, he makes things a lot harder for himself as a shooter than it should be, both on his jumpers and his free throws. I wish someone had gotten to him before these habits were already in place.