Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

We rebounded a higher percentage of defensive rebounds the last two years than we did in 2012 and 2013. Those two teams combined to go 64-13. The better rebounding teams went 43-28.

Finally got time to watch more than just some highlight tapes on Kadary and this is what I do have to say. I don’t think there’s a player on the roster with the ability to create and get to the basketball as well as he does. Seems to have a good little dribble package going that really helps him create space and such. Usually don’t love kids with long arms handling the ball as they tend to be loose with it but from what I’ve seen with KR that’s not the case. I liked the SGA comparison though I don’t think he’s as fast at SGA. I like a comparison similar to a game like Caris Levert, with point guard ability. His shot I like more then most it seems. Again, with the long wingspan and his ability with the ball in his hand, he is able to create space, and get by defenders which he uses routinely to get past his defender for pull up jumpers. He’s also not afraid of any defender which I absolutely love. Looks like the type of kid that if he puts time and effort into it, can be an all ACC+ defender. Have seen some things maybe questioning his motor but on the court I haven’t really seen that.

people have literally said this two years in a row. Stop.

Then you tell us where you think the new roster spots will come from. Nobody is encouraging anyone to leave, just wondering where the new roster positions are going to come from, since we keep recruiting more players.

Then you tell us where you think the new roster spots will come from. Nobody is encouraging anyone to leave, just wondering where the new roster positions are going to come from, since we keep recruiting more players.

This is not that hard. HW, Elijah, and possibly another TBD because of lack of PT. Lack of PT won't be an issue for Marek.

13 scholarships. If we don’t sign IJ we just need one to leave. If we do we need 2. Math people.
Plus, there's always the nuclear Boeheim option.

i think its difficult to say who has the higher ceiling but most people would argue that the more athletic player does, which is andre jackson. If andre beefs up, something he needs to do, he could be shorter version of k-mart.
I dont see that in AJ. Please understand i really wish we would have landed AJ. But K is such a skilled player that its impossible to determine who ends up being better. Time will tell but the one skill that is the hardest to improve is shooting and there is no doubt that AJ's shot needs serious work.

HW grad transfer next year to UB / Canisius / Niagara seems a win-win.
if he's done; remember it is just a rumor . . . and even the rumor was that he might need the fall semester to complete.

Nice write up on Kadary.

"Five-Star Candidates: Who Can Make A Real Push For The Final Star?

While the AAU is the most public platform for recruits to show their talents, the 2020 rankings are far from set in stone. Year after year, we’ve seen fringe five-star players have very productive high school campaigns that result in a fifth star to their name, and sometimes invitations to an event on the all-star circuit. Based on their play over the summer combined with a projection of their high school season, I’m going to give you three names that I think will make a strong push for the top tier once it’s all said and done.

Kadary Richmond

The biggest sleeper of the three, is recent Syracuse commit Kadary Richmond. After a summer where he picked up serious momentum, the Brooklyn native is garnering early rave reviews at Brewster Academy. The 6’5” lanky combo guard is the epitome of versatile. On offense, his slick combos and complex understanding of the game allow him to do unique things on the basketball court. Richmond is lethal when getting downhill, and his spin move is very effective. I was most impressed by some of the live dribble passes he made, while he isn’t built like a one, I think it’s fair to assume he’ll initiate a lot of offense for Brewster this year. He jumped over 200 spots in the 247 composite rankings this summer, and I think it’s safe to say he’s just getting started."

Would honestly be hilarious if he ends up ranked higher than Andre and a better college player
I have a good feeling about this kid and it's going to be really funny that it worked out this way for us. And I should mention that I really wanted AJ.

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...
I Would think based off everything that has gone on and what's been said about him always wanting to play at cuse that him signing in a few weeks is what will happen. Not sure him waiting has been mentioned anywhere as a possibility (not saying he couldn't do that) but it just seems like this is a kid that wants to sign the dotted line right away. Let's hope he does because he is already gaining traction just from being at Brewster and from committing to us. Once they start playing hes only going to get more attention.

I like that we actually have 3 centers on the team, but have questions on how productive Sidibe will be.

PG - There are things I like about all of them. But say if we’re playing Duke and Jones is picking us up and hounding for 94 feet, I’m not feeling good about that at all.

Definitely 100x more concerned about the point guard position, because it 100x more important to our success.

Not sure how much productivity at the Center matters. Our National Championship team had a center that produced 3.8 ppg and 3.3 rpg. Yeah I know he did other things for the team and i guess that's part of my point, most people talking about productivity aren't talking about clogging the middle, setting picks and playing modestly good defense, but that may be all we need if we get enough from everywhere else.

Agree with your last point that I didn't quote above, which I think is that this team may be a ton better by the end of the year than it is at the beginning.

Last edited: