Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

St John’s fans talking about they want to run a 3 guard lineup of Smith,Wilcher and Richmond. That lineup is lacking lots of shooting unless your 4 and 5 are snipers.

I just read where Clifford Omoryui turned down 2 million and instead signed with Bama. Schools mentioned as maybe offering that much were Georgetown and Kansas St.
Are these real numbers?Get all you can get, but this is going to crash sooner than later.
Might not be an exact # but still I will say something seems amiss in Johnny land. Maybe too many promises being made or maybe players just are souring on playing for 70+ year olds now days.

does Kadary fit the style Red wants to play? He’s not a high energy full court defender or one who leads in transition. More of a half court kid.

And did he really shut it down for a few games over a NIL dispute? Does Red want that drama after what he just went through?

Maybe address the other needs and call it good. Opinion.

does Kadary fit the style Red wants to play? He’s not a high energy full court defender or one who leads in transition. More of a half court kid.

And did he really shut it down for a few games over a NIL dispute? Does Red want that drama after what he just went through?

We're already in the mix, wouldn't have wasted the breathe if Red wasn't on board with how Kadary fits. Given the talent he brings we'll live with the potential other negatives.

High energy full court defender? Well we know Bell and Starling arent doing that. Big Eddie Lampkin? Don't see that either. I think Kadary's defense would be a welcomed addition here.

From my 20-21 SU basketball preview:

Kadary Richmond, 6-5 180 freshman from Brooklyn, N.Y. / South Shore/Brewster Academy (N.H.)

Everybody is talking about Kadary Richmond. (One wag pointed out the irony that Billy Owens’ son will be playing on the same team as a player named ‘Richmond’: it was the Spiders who ended his career here.) We weren’t quite sure what we had when he committed to play here. He’s bene listed as a small forward, a shooting guard and a point guard. He seems to be “blowing up”, at least in the SU practices.

The Athletic: ““I love having the ball in my hands, but I know Joe (Girard) will probably stay at the one,” Richmond said. “I’m just trying to be a playmaker. That’s my best attribute. Griff said he can see me playing at the top of the zone, with my length, and being on the bottom because I can rebound and challenge shots.” Richmond’s length should be a bonus to the defense, which struggled last season. He also knows he must remain aggressive in looking for his own offense. Be a threat to score. Attack downhill. This is what distinguishes him. “I think he’s got a big, big upside, even right away,” coach Jim Boeheim said. “He gets to the rim better than anyone we’ve ever had lately... He's one of the best point guards in the country, one of the best young guards in the country."”

It's a good article:

His dream realized, Syracuse’s Kadary Richmond is ready to work

Busting Brackets.com: “Syracuse was able to bring in a smart IQ player that knows what he’s doing with the basketball. Richmond tends to know how to control the game when he is on offense. His ability to create space off the dribble and penetration made him such a gifted scorer in High School. Given his point guard skills for his size, Richmond will be able to play the point forward position to his advantage. He will be able to have the ball in his hands-on offense, then use his size to get a stop on the other end.”

SI.com: “Richmond will be heavily relied upon to handle the ball and could be the primary reserve at either position. Richmond was ranked in ESPN’s Top 100 Recruiting Rankings at #91. He is a four-star recruit who really makes defenders play up tight on him. Richmond’s ability to hit the three-pointer is complimented well with his aggressive drives to the bucket. He is a very crafty player who will fit right into the Orange’s system. “Kadary is a special talent, just has a tremendous feel for the game. Really crafty and can make plays. One of the best playmakers I have seen. Just really fun to play with,” said Boeheim.”

Buddy Boeheim called Richmond, “a special talent. He has a tremendous feel for the game, really crafty, can make plays. Him and Joe (Girard) have been battling (in practice)." One of our posters, (‘Ceerqqq’) said “Joe's greatest challenge at this stage in his career is to show how he can perform against taller, talented guards. Well, now he's getting a chance to work on that challenge every day. If he can show that he can score against Kadary, and play respectable defense against him, then Joe's future is truly golden.”

Orangefizz does a nice breakdown of his film:

Film Breakdown: Kadary Richmond

2-4-7 ranked him 84th nationally and 17th by position- small forward, saying: “Good length for a combo guard. Solid athlete. Good two-foot jumper. An off-the-dribble scorer. Great change of direction moves on the drive. Rebounds his position and has good potential as a defender.” Hit the history button and it becomes 86/19. More interesting is that he was ranked #328 as recently as June 25, 2019. That shows how much his stock has risen. Scout has him at $88/20# and Rivals #85/#20. All have him as 4 stars.

His high school teams probably the best in the country with 8 top 100 players and some people have said he was their best player. Here are his highlights:

I see an exciting, aggressive, athletic, long-armed and quick player who can hit long and medium jumpers or drive to the basket and score or dish or send it back out to a three point guy. He’s the one guy we have who could break down a defense with his driving ability. He makes steals and runs the court beautifully. He looks like he would be a force at the top of the zone, turning a major weakness last year into a strength this year. We’re going to have a very productive offensive team, maybe unstoppable at times. But to become the defensive team we need to become to get back to where we were a decade ago, we need Kadary in there.

St John’s fans talking about they want to run a 3 guard lineup of Smith,Wilcher and Richmond. That lineup is lacking lots of shooting unless your 4 and 5 are snipers.
St Johns fans think they jumped into Blue Blood territory cuz Pitino wore his white a suit last year ha. They sound like Duke or Kansas adding a few extra 4-5 star guys just in case they need them and then figuring it out after. It's not going to happen.

St Johns fans think they jumped into Blue Blood territory cuz Pitino wore his white a suit last year ha. They sound like Duke or Kansas adding a few extra 4-5 star guys just in case they need them and then figuring it out after. It's not going to happen.
The Colonel Sanders suit might have been de rigueur in LV, but it's clownish in NYC.

ESPN's number one ranked transfer. No such thing as "not a good fit" basketball wise with somebody this good at basketball.

ESPN's number one ranked transfer. No such thing as "not a good fit" basketball wise with somebody this good at basketball.
Absolutely. Also you have to consider that the other options are drying up. There are only 2 other PGs still available on that top 100 list (Wagner and Hoggard).

St. John’s board expects Kadary to sign today or tomorrow with them. They did specify “expect”.
Kind of lines up with what Jake was saying.I wonder:
Is he questioning a st John’s move or are we trying to dig him away from them

Please be Kadary
Probably football. Although ironically it’s hard to see how that would be “big” since all of Fran’s action has been supersized.

Probably football. Although ironically it’s hard to see how that would be “big” since all of Fran’s action has been supersized.

Who would it even be on the football side? Ja'Had Carter?