Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

In this era of the portal, I'm reminded of the traditional conundrum regarding time travel: what I you got back in time and accidently kill your father before he met your mother? Would you then disappear?

There's nothing so absurd it could not happen.

What if I have to get my Mother to the "Enchantment Under The Sea" dance so she can meet my Father in the first place?

That’s what happens when you dont have enough talent around you, your stats suffer. That’s exactly what im trying to tell you.

Then how did Judah average 17.5 ppg, 4.5 apg and 2.7 rpg on better (although still not great) shooting the last two years on teams just as bad - if not worse - than Kadary had?

Ehhh hate talking about this still, but Richmond is significantly better than Judah especially on the defensive end. The metrics aren’t close there. Offensively it’s a bit closer, but Kadary is better there too. Kadary has a significantly higher assist rate.

No, we don’t. Best returning player is Bell. No other proven scorers. I think Freeman will be really good, but he won’t make us a favorite. No dominant inside guy.
Orange colored glasses aren’t becoming.
We could be really good, but would not be a preseason favorite to win the title. We would be behind Duke and UNC in the league, at least.
This forum is over the top harsh on JJ. Starling’s the only player we have that can create against top 40 programs. I get it, he’s a bad defender. But not a proven scorer?

This forum is over the top harsh on JJ. Starling’s the only player we have that can create against top 40 programs. I get it, he’s a bad defender. But not a proven scorer?
He takes less criticism than others who played that position. Outside of creating for himself there’s not Anything else he’s above average at.

I think he is capable of being a good defender but he needsmore rest so he can leave it all on the court. We have had a tendency for guys to not give 100%. We can not allow that on defense if we wanna be good. As our oline coach said about bench time, bench willtell your ass to get down and play hard defense or it stays there. Thats it period. All they need to know. Play hard d or dont play at all.

I’m not so sure he’s a bad straight up man defender. Where he looked lost was on switches.
We all assume he was not doing what he was supposed to. Could have been others screwing up/ignoring the protocols.

Yeah I just don't see why JJ can't be a good defender. To be clear, he wasn't, but there's really no excuse for a guy like him so hopefully he tightens it up.

I’m not so sure he’s a bad straight up man defender. Where he looked lost was on switches.
Switching and defending the PNR is a huge part of defense.

Fran went out and got Kyle McCord for his QB and that really set the one for the expectations for the football program. All the subsequent recruiting has fed off of that as well as the focus of the team and what they hope to achieve. Kadary would do the same for the basketball program.

Ehhh hate talking about this still, but Richmond is significantly better than Judah especially on the defensive end. The metrics aren’t close there. Offensively it’s a bit closer, but Kadary is better there too. Kadary has a significantly higher assist rate.

I’m not comparing the two, just pointing out that it actually is possible to average more than 8, 3 and 3 on a bad team if you are a good player. But since we do want to compare, Judah does have a higher career true shooting %, effective field goal %, higher player efficiency rating and only 288 less points produced than Kadary despite playing 58 fewer games. Where they are equals is that both never actually won a thing.

I’m not comparing the two, just pointing out that it actually is possible to average more than 8, 3 and 3 on a bad team if you are a good player. But since we do want to compare, Judah does have a higher career true shooting %, effective field goal %, higher player efficiency rating and only 288 less points produced than Kadary despite playing 58 fewer games. Where they are equals is that both never actually won a thing.
Every team that's after Kadary are teams that think they can win the championship with him. Those teams wouldn't want Judah. Kadary will make a lot more money with his NIL than Judah will with a G-league contract.

Then how did Judah average 17.5 ppg, 4.5 apg and 2.7 rpg on better (although still not great) shooting the last two years on teams just as bad - if not worse - than Kadary had?
We’re going in circles here . You don’t get it.

That was a team trend - Maliq was good at it but overall we didn’t function as a team defensively very well when switching. Became a bit of a malaise that infected everyone. Judah might not have been patient 0 but his gambling made running our defense much harder than it should have been.

Not making excuses for JJ either just something that was pretty obvious all year.

That was a team trend - Maliq was good at it but overall we didn’t function as a team defensively very well when switching. Became a bit of a malaise that infected everyone. Judah might not have been patient 0 but his gambling made running our defense much harder than it should have been.

Not making excuses for JJ either just something that was pretty obvious all year.
I dont know to me it’s hard to ignore how bad JJ was on ball defending. I can’t remember watching a Syracuse guard get blown by so easily. Judah a good amount of the time got blown by because he was always half way up the court bailing fora steal, JJ would be straight up defending at the arch and get cooked so often. it’s not like we had a tree anchoring the middle for him to allow that to happen as part of scheming or something. I hope it was just the stink of the team around him but I can’t ignore it.

I dont know to me it’s hard to ignore how bad JJ was on ball defending. I can’t remember watching a Syracuse guard get blown by so easily. Judah a good amount of the time got blown by because he was always half way up the court bailing fora steal, JJ would be straight up defending at the arch and get cooked so often. it’s not like we had a tree anchoring the middle for him to allow that to happen as part of scheming or something. I hope it was just the stink of the team around him but I can’t ignore it.

For certain you can’t deny a lot of the poor individuals defensive lapses and performance. Was it a symptom of the overall issues and bad attitudes or just being poor defenders? That is the question I expect we will find out soon enough.

I don't want to raise anyone's expectation's but we have talked to Kadary.

Come Let Me Love You GIF